Looking for a Whole30 buddy! :)

KitchenWitch

Hi!  Anyone else out there going it alone?  Day 2 and i just got asked out to dinner. To my very favorite Mexican restaurant. Their specialty is Margaritas. Thought about going and just starting over tomorrow.  I summoned up every bit of willpower I could and said, "Next time, I already have plans".

I could use a buddy to support , congratulate when we overcome obstacles, encourage when the going gets rough and just have someone to share this experience with.

Any takers?  :)

Hi Maryjeano!  Welcome aboard!  I'd love to have you in my buddy circle. I can see why ice cream would be hard to give up during this heat wave!  How about iced La Croix sparkling water. The grapefruit and coconut flavors are sooooo refreshing!

How do you post a new post and not a reply to one?

Debbie Williamson

Hi Debbie-

To post a new post, you click on the forum title which you want to post (for example, Join the Whole30). At the top right of all the posts, there is a green button labeled "Start New Topic." Click on that, enter a Topic Title and write your post.

I am looking for a buddy too.  I have tried this several times and always seem to cave to the sugar dragon.  It would be great to have someone to keep me accountable.  I am starting again tomorrow.

Hi, choirgirl! I'd love to be your Whole30 Buddy! I'm doing this for the first time ever, and I'm super nervous about it. I've never done anything like this before. 

I am doing it alone too ... But I have done one and a half (a reset before I went on vacation) whole 30's. and I'm hoping at some point to convert my milk loving 14yo to eating Paleo. ( prayers welcome)

This months whole 30 is so huge that some threads are too huge to be "useful" when you need feedback fast. Or there are so many pages that it is hard to follow ( on a phone at least)

So if anyone is interested I'm up for the buddy system. 😄

Bonus: Talking to someone about Paleo/ whole 30 and not having to justify my choice to eat this way would be very refreshing.

it is shocking how many people think eating whole foods is...weird!

I just finished dinner, enjoyed all my meals today. It feels a little weird, though, to know that I am done eating for the day. It is 8 o'clock and this is the time I usually start wandering through the kitchen to see if I can eat something without causing too much damage. I think it is time for me to go down stairs into my weaving room and do something creative. I need to stay the heck out of the kitchen!

Mary Jean-

During whole 30 I find going to bed "toddler early" is the absolute best way to stay out of the kitchen! (It's also really good for you!)

I wasn't too successful last night at the going to bed early thing. I had twitchy legs and a snoring husband. I was also hungry! I didn't eat enough dinner, obviously. I got up took a little melatonin, drank some camomile tea and ate 2 teaspoons full of coconut butter. It was probably 11:30 before I could settle into sleep, which is very late for me. I am usually heading for bed at 9:30 and asleep by 10ish.

This morning I am moving slowly but had a fabulous breakfast of braised kohlrabi greens with poached red eggs (poached in tomato juice w/tobasco sauce) and a small dish of strawberries. I can do this! So can you!

Mary Jean-

During whole 30 I find going to bed "toddler early" is the absolute best way to stay out of the kitchen! (It's also really good for you!)

LMAO, Bethann, when i do whole 30 i go to bed as soon as i get my kids into bed (i have 6 year old twins who go to bed between 7 and 8 every night and tend to wake up between 5 am and 6 am every morning).

I did MUCH better on Day 3. I had two meals. Meal #1 A big green salad with cajun chicken.  Meal #2 Turkey, onion, cabbage stir-fry.  Yeah me!  The key to my success is going to be NOT trying to eat hot food when I first get up.

I have no cravings or sugar dragon. Just an amazing lack of appetite.  But as I write this.....I'm getting hungry.  :)

Kitchen witch -

You really need to have your meal one! It is key to getting your hormones regulated! And If your stomach isn't grumbling... After fasting for 12 (!?) hours ... Your hormones are out of whack!

I totally get the food being repulsive in the morning ( and takes time and makes a mess) I much prefer breakfast at night ( in a restaurant)

But three meals following the meal template are essential to a successful whole 30... And feeling good DURING your whole 30!

Ps you don't have to eat breakfast foods or hot foods at meal 1 .... Chicken salad on apple slices or egg salad on hearts of romaine....or a big salad topped with a couple poached eggs or .veggies dipped in babaganoush ( god bless iPhone she won't/ can't spell a delicious eggplant dip similar to hummus)

Hi Hannah!  How cool to have a buddy in New Mexico!  So what's your story? And how can I help you make this journey a fun and successful one?

I'm sorry for the long time responding! I try to stay off the internet during the weekends.....

Hmm....your question is a good one. I think I'm most scared of the pitfalls described in the timeline...like, that around day 10 my brain will trick me by telling me, "see, you can moderate...you can have one martini, it's ok, it's not really food so it won't hurt your process...." 

Augh, my brain! I think I just need to make time to interact with people. I'm kind of a shy extrovert, if you can imagine such a thing. I get nervous when I think about posting to the forum. 

I saw your other post about fruits....do you go to the market at the railyard? If so, has it been nice? My spouse and I like to drive up on a Saturday morning every once in a while, maybe I'll plan for that during this month. 

How can I help/support *you* during this time? How have your first few days been? 

ETA I should have read the thread! I agree with the idea that you should try for 3 meals. Is it only hot foods or really any food that you can't tolerate first thing? I know they're hot, but what about soups? 

Archived