Day 1 - August 3rd

thewyrdwoman

Goals: Nutrition: Eat Food, Exercise: 2 times a week, Stress Mgt: Have patience for my kids,especially at the end of the day.  I also want to take one day at a time, beat the cravings in 5 minute intervals and Succeed.  I have not done this for fear of failure.  I'll take all the support I can get:)

i just started today as well...i was going to wait until thus coming tuesday (the day after my weekly grocery shopping trip), but after reading a lot of what is going on in the august 1 starters thread i decided to get started today...my goals are pretty simple - stick to the plan and do my yoga daily and cut back on coffee...i'm hoping it'll help my mood, my allergies and my achdes and pains and weight issues, but my digestion is the real thing that needs the most improvement...i'm considering making this a whole 60 or 90 so that i can really reap the benefits. my kids (6 year old twins) are along for the journey, though i haven't really explained the whole thing to them they know they are going to be eating really healthy and this is my second time around...i did whole 30 in march and did well with it, but then slowly let stuff sneak back into my diet that shouldn't be there.

today is day one for me, as well. My Goals - retreat to a quiet place an hour before bed, walk 30 minutes 4 times a week. I enter this with serious food cravings, joint pain, insomnia, depression and 70-80 more pounds than is healthy for me to carry. I have no illusions that this will be easy but I will starve that sugar dragon out of existence if it is the last thing I do.

I am starting today- because I wanted to have my birthday cake yesterday!.  Overall, I have been decreasing my consumption of grains- and generally rule out wheat- but I know gluten free isn't enough.  I was also a vegetarian for 20 years and over the course of the past year, have been slowly reintroducing meat.  The taste was so significant to me, I had to do it slowly.  My biggest challenge will be chocolate, for sure.  Definitely addicted.  I CrossFit 3x a week at a gym and try to do my own workouts on 1-2 other days.  I have 3 kids that keep me busy, as well as my job and grad school.  I just want to see how healthy I can be. And I will definitely need help.

Archived