2nd...or is it my 3rd go round at the Whole30!

ashleycttu04

Just a little background. I attempted the Whole30 back in April, & honestly cant remember if I made it 14 or 18 days? Anyhow, what's 14 or 18 days when it's not 30, right? I did feel overwhelmingly better--tummy issues dissipated for the length of the 2+ weeks, I even lost almost 10 pounds (which I have managed to keep off). While I did not last the WHOLE 30 days, I have continued to eat a "mostly" paleo diet, making a conscious effort to not consume obvious sugars, avoid gluten as much as possible, and eat lean meats/fresh veggies/fruits as much as possible (avoiding processed foods).

I was planning on starting the Whole30 again on Aug 1, but already fell off the wagon because my garden has been producing so much zucchini, I didn't know what to do & all the sudden found myself in the kitchen making zucchini bread. (In all defense, I used coconut flour & coconut oil! lol-excuses right?)

So here I am, starting day 1 over on day4... HELP ME! tips, advice, anything? anyone? anyone? BUELLER??? :)

Yesterday I grocery shopped--today I plan on cooking up some stuff to last the week for lunches. (that is usually my down fall--nothing in the fridge to take to work for lunch)...

So far, Day1 (today) I have eaten:

leftover ground turkey cooked with fresh chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, poblano peppers and zucchini

coffee with coconut milk

Good luck!  And hey 14 days (or 18) is better than ZERO days!

I have a ton of zucchini too and you can make tons of complaint foods that do not involve the word bread.  My favorite is zucchini boats.  I also love it grilled, roasted, sauteed, shredded and then topped with a poached or fried egg.  

Yes yes--we too eat zucchini boats stuffed with anything & everything imaginable... they're delicious! & I did just invest in a julienner?sp? to make noodles! Looking forward to trying it out!! Thanks guys!

& Sassy-you are right, 14 is better than 0! Thanks~!

Alright! Finishing off Yesterday, I had zucchini noodles, with a ground beef/tomato/mushroom "spaghetti" sauce, roasted carrots. Also ate a peach. Ended the day well.

Today Day2:

Breakfast: eggs, 2 slices bacon & strawberries for breakfast, coffee with coconut milk

Lunch: avocado chicken salad made with paleo mayo, sliced tomatoes, blueberries

Snack: grapes & mac nuts

Dinner: taco salad with cauliflower rice (<--- 1st time for the cauliflower rice!!)

Lookin gooooood lookin good! Feelin good!

I currently have a zucchini problem.  I would share with you amberino!  Last night, when bookclub discussion was over, everyone left with a parting gift:  zucchini!  LOL!  The joke around here is you don't leave your car windows unrolled during zucchini season because you will run into the store for a second and come back out to a pile of it on your front seat LOLOL!  I love it!  Crazy stuff like that really happens here.  One year my doorbell rang and I opened the door to find a box full of zucchini and cucumbers LOVE IT!

Archived