Question about breasts

healthyAbby

I'm on day 27 of my whole 30 and I have found that my breasts have actually gotten bigger, I went shopping for a strapless bra, and after buying it and taking it home, I realized that it is a cup larger than the bras that I already have, and it fits perfectly. Does anyone know why this might be? I was kinda hoping they would get a bit smaller, but the opposite effect has happpened. :unsure:
And while this is happening, everywhere else seems to look smaller, and my clothes are fitting better its like the fat is just getting redistributed and stuck there. Strange, but if any of you have any thoughts I'd appreciate them.

I think mine have too. Sometimes I think I'm feeling "blobby", and convinced I'm bigger around the hips as a pair of pants is tighter....but at the same time I think I'm slimmer round the waist/ribs. So I was also considering that its just fat being redistributed to where it's needed? I don't really have a lot, if any, to lose and don't think I've lost weight at all

I have had issues (down there) for a couple of years, despite eating well, eating enough etc (although the competing in bodybuilding in the midst of that didn't help the situation as I was at a low BF for ages).....but think things might be "working" again...

Kind of off topic....but somewhat related I think?

Yes, somewhat related. I've had those days as well, but have found now that things are just looser everywhere else and my bust is just larger and the bras I have currently aren't large enough for me, which is somewhat annoying because I really don't want to not be able to go to a store and buy a bra. lol. When my pants are tighter, I have thought that its just because of the dryer. They always loosen up as the day progresses.

I'm just wondering, when was the last time you bought a bra or were measured for a bra? I used to think I was a 38C and I was really a 34DD. Really? UGH. Anyway, most women wear the wrong size bra. I don't think W30 would make your breasts larger, since they are mostly fat and we are supposed to be losing body fat. I do think the manufactures of bras have done something to the sizing system so women think they are larger and then they can sell more bras.

I too was hoping my bra size would go down....

During my first whole 30 I lost weight, and it was in my hips, thighs and butt... Not my breasts. Normally when my weight changes, my bra size changes pretty dramatically.... For the smaller! Not so eating Paleo!

I've also noticed in a lot of before and after pics that women seem curvier (hour glass) in their after photos ( whittled waist and rounder hips)

I've lost about 30 pounds in the last two years and I've only gone down one size - from a G to a F. That was only during the first 10 pounds... they have not gotten any smaller since. I was really hoping they would, but no luck... I find they are a lot more tender and huge prior to my period while eating paleo than they ever were, but have not been able to determining why. Eating more carbs is the only thing that seems to help relieve the tenderness.

Don't get me wrong - the curves work in my favor - but it'd be really nice to fit into a bra from the mall again! The big ones are super pricey.

During my first whole 30 I lost weight, and it was in my hips, thighs and butt... Not my breasts. Normally when my weight changes, my bra size changes pretty dramatically.... For the smaller! Not so eating Paleo!

I've also noticed in a lot of before and after pics that women seem curvier (hour glass) in their after photos ( whittled waist and rounder hips)

I'm convinced it has something to do with being healthier hormonally. Which also explains why I think I've got bigger hips too.

I guess healthy women will store fat in the hips and breast. This is normal. Not the belly fat so many of us have.

Abby, the woman who did my bra sizing told me that the bra strap should fit very snugly, maybe even be uncomfortable because it will adjust during the day. you shouldn't be able to stick more than one finger underneath it. And if you have a smaller band size, the cup size will go up.

Bra sizes can also vary from bra to bra. I was recently professionally measured as, having lost weight on W30, my prosthesis was now too big (I've had a radical mastectomy) and i wanted to make sure the bra was the right size for me before I went for a new prosthesis. I was measured as a 36C but ended up getting that size in one bra but in another one I liked I'd to get a 34D as the size i measured to was both not fitting the breast properly and too loose across the chest.

I agree that bra brands are totally different.  Victoria's Secret seems to want you to think you're pretty big...I was measured at 34DDD there, and they fit really well and make my clothes look great, so I know that is the right size for that store.  I went to buy some less expensive bras from a different bra store and took a bunch of 34DDD into the fitting room, and they were all a few sizes too big.  I could fit my whole fist into the empty space in a couple of them.  I am typically more like a 36C or D in department store brands.  

The idea that our bodies could be re-distributing fat to the places where it's supposed to be is really cool and interesting!

Ugh...boobs! I am so glad to find a discussion just on this. It has been a huge confusion/frustration for me during my Paleo journey and I often find myself measuring "success" in how big they feel.

I have always had large breasts (I'm 5'1" and have DDD+ boobs. Actually my official size according to this one awesome bra shop in Portland: 32F and the bra I have, while tight at first, does make 'em look pretty dang good) I started eating Paleo in May 2012, not Whole9 or anything, but just cutting out grains, sugar, legumes, etc. I lost a lot of weight, especially boob weight. Which. Was. Awesome! But slowly I put weight back on and was never really sure why. Now I've come to realize it's because I was sneaking things into my diet way more often than I "should" have been, and I also realized I have issues around food, emotional eating, etc.

Anyway, fast forward to now. I'm day 15 of my first Whole30, loving it, feeling remnants of my first initiation into Paleo last summer, a little weight loss, feeling stronger, more energetic, etc. But my frickin' boobies don't seem to be getting smaller. WTF, I'm thinking? I'm just confused because they did get way smaller last year when I first started and then gained back that weight, and now they really don't seem to be shrinking. 

I have noticed that my weight has become more evenly distributed since changing my diet. I used to be way top heavy w/ skinny little legs, now I have more hips and butt. I like that. But I still have a little tummy and these humongous knockers. 

Long storyy long, glad to find this community w/ similar boob issues!

Hey ladies, pass that boob fat my way! I would love bigger ones. I went from a nice c to a deflated b cup after feeding 5 sons. Every time I lose fat, they get more deflated. I am pretty boyish anyway, not much difference between waist and hips so if the whole 30 helps me keep some boobage, I will do a happy dance!

• 4 weeks later...

Eating this way is the only time my breasts have gotten smaller! I lost 25 pounds at the end of my whole30 last summer and have kept most of it off-I fluctuate 5-8 pounds here and there, but I don't worry about it. I know what puts it back on and how to get it off. I broke up with the scale this summer and am going by how I feel and how my clothes fit. I went down two cup sizes and one band size last summer-first time that's ever happened!

Wow, I nearly envy all of you ladies whose bodies are changing!!! My body has. not. changed. I am blessed and cursed I suppose.. It was a little frustrating when my hubby dropped 21 pounds in 30 days whilst I gained a couple pounds, but I guess that's just how the uneaten cookie crumbled! If you could send some of your dropped tata weight my way, I would much appreciate the slight change in physique!

Usually when I lose weight it's the boobs only. Did a survival training course, during which you get to eat only what you find/catch in the woods or barter for from the instructors who are pretending to be possibly friendly/unfriendly people. I lost 15 lbs (150 going into it), all in my boobs. Eventually gained it back when the weight came back on, but my W30 weight loss was NOT boobs. I was happy. :) I'm only a 34B, and on the smaller side of that now, so I don't want to lose the little I have!

(For those unhappy with their small chests, keep in mind, hand-sized is all you...ahem...need...with the fellas.)

• 1 year later...

This thread may be a little older, but it I'm glad I found it.  

I have not changed bra sizes that I know of, but my breasts have changed during my Whole30.  I am on Day 17 now, and my breasts feel fuller and heavier.  

The thing is, I have noticed that they have gotten less firm the last couple years, and hubby and I are trying to get pregnant, so when my breasts started to feel bigger I thought maybe I was pregnant, but I got my period, and took a test and nope, they're just getting a fuller feeling - it has nothing to do with how a bra fits, but how they feel on me on their own.  

They're actually now back to what they were in my early twenties.  Not bigger, per se, just fuller...a bit heavier, like an early pregnancy change.  I also got really really sore breasts before my period this time around, which is rare for me.  I am really hoping it has to do with my hormones changing for the better.  One of my goals for Whole30 was to get healthier and more sensitized to my hormones, so I'm hoping these changes in my breasts are proof of that happening. :)

Archived