Ain't gonna lie...nervous about dropping artificial sweetner!

Alicia

Been trying to gear up for the Whole30 (first time) and have decided that tomorrow is D-Day. I have been eating paleo for a few days..no problem with food, love it actually and feel better already but have not been able to give up my artificially sweetened drinks! I KNOW....it's horribly unhealthy. Thanks to It starts with Food for helping with that knowledge but, Oy, I'm nervous that I won't be able to kick it..

You will. Don't worry. Clear any of the sweeteners/drinks out of the house now before you start. Come up with a plan for how you will deal with temptation. Some possibilities: carry a water bottle filled with homemade flavored water, keep pitchers of flavored water/tea in fridge, substitute a small piece of fruit (some berries, an apricot, a plum), any other solutions that would help you get through it. Having the plan ready now means you don't have to think about what to do when your stressed. You will already know what to do.

I gotta tell you dropping sweeteners was one of the best things that came out of my whole30. I am just over them. I used to add them to sauces, drinks (cocktails and coffee), desserts...I slip on other things here and there post whole30 but sweeteners is something I just don't really miss ever. You might be surprised with how you don't want them afterwards!

Archived