Very hard to find organic grass fed ghee

iana

I started Whole 30 on 1 August and have been using the ghee I found at my local supermarket. I live on Gold Coast Australia. I cannot find for the life of me a shop that carries organic grass fed ghee. I can probably buy it from overseas but it's very expensive. For the last five days I used ordinary ghee, I'm not sure if it is grass fed or not. I only just noticed that the ghee MUST be organic grass fed. Is the damage done and I need to start again? Or can I just carry on and use extra virgin olive oil or organic raw coconut oil? Please help.

• Moderators

There is no MUST to consume organic, grass-fed foods during a Whole30, so you remain fully on-track with your Whole30. Organic and grass-fed foods are better, but not required and certainly not necessary to experience great results doing a Whole30.

I ordered mine from iherb!! I couldn't find any organic in the shops at all and really couldn't be bothered making my own clarified butter.

If you haven't shopped there before, enter code BSB380 at the checkout for a discount - it really is a great online shop for healthy pantry staples. The shipping is relatively cheap, and fast :)

I've been buying the Indian ones from our local supermarket, I'm pretty sure they're grassfed, but not organic.

I've found organic butter at Coles, Harmonie brand (which you can make ghee with). Oddly it's from Ireland, have yet to see Aussie organic butter, although I know we make it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived