chicken sausage- do i need to restart?

Hey - Im brand new - just completed day 4 and on a roll...

But i just learned that the chicken sausage i had contained sugar... I only had had 2 of these chicken sausage links from whole foods over past 4 days.

The ingredients are below, but 1 ingredient is sugar... do I need to restart? or add more days for these 2 links? or am I ok?

http://www.colemanna...roller,article/)

Personally, I wouldn't start over, but I'm not an expert. The same thing happened to me early on with some bacon -- I specifically bought nitrate-free bacon but didn't realize it also had SUGAR in it. I searched around the forums and found an old thread where people pointed out that, although there was sugar listed in the ingredients, the amount of sugar listed on nutritional info was 0g. Therefore the amount was negligible. Same applies to your sausages. Now I wouldn't make a habit of eating them (I put my bacon in the freezer until my challenge is over), but one indiscretion shouldn't be enough to derail you.

To me one of the big tenets of this program is to heal your relationship with food -- accidentally eating something with a miniscule amount of sugar and then freaking out about it is not productive. That's why I made the decision to just tell myself to calm down and move on. :)

I bet the sausages had a lot less sugar than, say, an apple. If some dairy had snuck in there that would be different, but if you're eating fruit, you're eating sugar anyway. You are unlikely to have a reaction, as you might with some of the gut-irritating foods. I think the main reason for outlawing all added sugar is more to increase awareness of how many things have added sugar.

Archived