Day 16 - Scales and Self-Worth

Whole Amy

I am on day 16 - and I have have a realization during the past two weeks that my self worth was very closely tied to the number on the scale. Since starting my Whole30 I have amazingly not gotten on the scale, and it is so freeing!  I know that if I would get on the scale and it said I was the same weight as when I started I would be sad, depressed for really no good reason!

Although I want to get on the scale at the end of the 30 days to see what I lost....do I have to?  Can I throw it away for good?   After weighing myself for the last 20 years (since about my teen years) I don't think I want to have it in my life anymore.  it is not pretty anyway!  Just thinking about it - a scale screams "I am worried about my weight" when I would rather send myself the message "I am worried about my health". 

I gave mine away. The friend I gave it to already had a scale but took mine. One day I stepped on both scales in quick succession. They each said I was a different weight. I can't see any reason to believe a scale any more.

I technically finished today and have no desire to get back on the scale either!

I was weighing myself at the gym, and we've just signed up to a new gym....the scales are different so I'm not going to have an accurate weight comparison anyway!

Pretty amazing for someone who weighed themself every time they were at the gym (5 times a week) for the past 3-4 years!

Archived