Your supplement Laundry list

Chris74

• 2 months later...

Lutein (well, some eye sight blend with lutein)

D3

Bcomplex

butter oil/cod liver oil capsules

ubiquinol

wild oil of oregano if I am traveling or starting to catch a bug

Sambucol for same above reasons

turmeric

Rhodiola rosea

multi mineral

Florajen3

I don't do all of those every day, but it is what I have in my pantry.

Magnesium glycinate - 600mg daily

fermented cod liver oil - 2 capsules daily

Liquid Vitamin D3 drops - 10,000 IU daily

Kombucha when i remember

If I think I'm getting a bug, I take additionally:

echinacea

goldenseal

Vitamin C with rose hips

Zinc

Vitamin D3 (more than usual)

B Complex

Plus I also irrigate my sinuses with salt and baking soda in warm water twice daily. Usually takes care of it in a day or two.

• 1 month later...

Any Whole30 compliant Probiotic recommendations? I will be wrapping up my Doxycycline prescription (due to overseas travel) during the first half of my whole30. Since I will not be eating my daily fage plain greek yogurt daily I was looking for something that was compliant to take. The Jarro-Dophilus Allergen-Free that I had found is not compliant... :(

Udo's has trace amounts of milk and soy--I was taking it before the Whole 30 as I've been on 3 courses of antibiotics for pneumonia and thought that was more important than the trace amounts.  I finish up the prednisone on Monday and then, if the oral thrush is really gone, I'll stop the probiotic.   

I like all the natural sources of probiotics but when you are dealing with immediate, severe issues instead of maintenance I think the big guns are called for.

I bought a bottle of GT's Multi-Green Organic Raw Kombucha today at Kroger. It wasn't bad, drank half the bottle today and will drink the other half tomorrow. I have some food texture issues so I don't do cooked sauerkraut, but I have never tried it raw. Not sure if I would be able to keep it down lol. I finally got to the point this year (at almost 30) where I will eat cooked zucchini... Took lots of attempts and forcing myself to eat it to get over the texture. I know that if I do not have a plan lined up come Jan 22 I will struggle with my Whole30 As I want to make sure that I do not set myself up for failure as well as bring on any further issues due to the antibiotic.

Thanks both of you for the suggestions and tips! :)

I take these if I remember:

D3

Vitamin C

Multi

Iron

Curcumin/Ashwagandha (for asthma)

Probiotic

Liquid fish oil

Spirulina

I haven't taken any of these since I started..oops. But I need to make sure they are compliant - I know my fish oil isn't compliant because I looked this morning.

MegaSpore and Prescript Assist probioitcs

Bluebonnet vitamin d drops 

Jigsaw Health Magnesium (it's the only one I can tolerate. The. Only. One)
Jigsaw Health B complex, 1 tab, 2-3x/week

Vitamin C, 500 mg 2x/day

Vitamin K2, 1-3 drops of Thorne Mk4, 1-3x per day

Natural Factors TheraCurmin, 2/day

30 mg Zinc, 2 x per week

2-3 mg Copper, 3x/week (if I don't eat beef liver...if I eat the liver, I don't take the Cu)

Vitamin A, 25000 IU once per week (same as above re: beef liver)

ETA: no fish oil for me. Instead, I eat wild pacific salmon a couple of times per week. Or some Wild Planet Sardines or Wild Planet Albacore tuna.

Any Whole30 compliant Probiotic recommendations? I will be wrapping up my Doxycycline prescription (due to overseas travel) during the first half of my whole30. Since I will not be eating my daily fage plain greek yogurt daily I was looking for something that was compliant to take. The Jarro-Dophilus Allergen-Free that I had found is not compliant... :(

That's the one I take and I thought I was compliant on W30 since this is recommended on their blog. Do you know why it isn't compliant?

• 1 month later...

So since I posted in this thread before I've added some supplements...

600mg Magnesium Glycinate

2 grams fish oil

Basic B Complex with Methylfolate

Vitamin A (preformed) 25,000 IU 2-3 times per week

Vitamin D3 drops: 5,000 IU per day

2 caps Thorne Phytisone (adrenal support, blend of Vitamin C, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, panothenic acid, and zinc with also a blend of herbs including ashwagandha, astragalus, asian ginseng, eleuthero, ginger, and licorice)  Dropped this supplement because Ashwagandha is a nightshade and it seemed to be making my psoriasis worse. It also didn't seem to be helping with adrenal function at all.

L-Theanine 400mg per day

150mcg iodine from a kelp decoction

kombucha

I also mix coconut oil, vitamin A, and vitamin D3 together and rub it topically into my psoriasis, which actually appears to be helping. The L-Theanine has done wonders for my anxiety as well.

I will start my Whole30 on April 1st. These are the supplements I'm taking right now:

Fish oil/DHA - 1000mg/day

Resveratol - 100mg/twice a day

Tumeric - 375mg/twice a day

Alpha-lipoic Acid - 600mg/day

Vitamin D3: 5000 iu/day

B12 (Superior Source) Methylcobalamin: 5000 mcg

Probiotics "Ultimate Flora" for women - 50 Billion / 10 strains - 1 pill a day

Is there anything I should add?

Thanks so much in advance.

• Prenatal Multi-Vitamin with DHA 500mg  And no I'm not pregnant. It's just got more of what I need like Iron 18mg and Folic Acid 1mg.
  • Vitamin D3 / 5,000IU
  • Calcium Citrate / 1000mg
  • Vitamin B12 / 1000mg
  • Biotin / 5mg
  • Glucosamine Chondroitin with MSM
  • Vitamin C / 1000mg 

I'm looking for a good EPA and Probiotic. 

• 5 months later...

I will start my Whole30 on April 1st. These are the supplements I'm taking right now:

Fish oil/DHA - 1000mg/day

Resveratol - 100mg/twice a day

Tumeric - 375mg/twice a day

Alpha-lipoic Acid - 600mg/day

Vitamin D3: 5000 iu/day

B12 (Superior Source) Methylcobalamin: 5000 mcg

Probiotics "Ultimate Flora" for women - 50 Billion / 10 strains - 1 pill a day

Is there anything I should add?

Thanks so much in advance.

I've been kind of desperate to find a "clean" B12, so I pounced on yours. It has lactose AND a sugar substitute in it. Eek.

• 2 weeks later...

Fish oil with added Vitamin D.

That's it for now because my multivitamin isn't compliant.  I'm not much of a supplementer.  Mostly I rely on eating a crazy wide range of vegetables, plus liberal use of stuff like tumeric and ginger when I cook, and cinnamon in my coffee.  So far so good.  (My fiance is the opposite though - handfuls of supplements!)

Archived