whole nuts causing constipation?

so I think that whole nuts/seeds cause me to have irregular movements and I say this because I had cut them out for almost 2 weeks and became a daily goer, only have a bare handful of pepitas on a salad one day and almonds the next.  Now i'm 2 days without a movemment and even probiotics and magnesium haven't helped things along.  I've also had servings of both suaerkraut and kombucha, plus more than the reccomended 1oz of water per body weight, a cup of either crio bru or coffee, ect...nothing.  Is this a pretty common issue for some people?  I've pretty much accepted I can't have nuts anymore, which is a little sad since I love them on salads or over meats for a little crunch.  any tips to help get past this other than, obviously, not eating nuts and just waiting it out?

I have the exact same problem. And almonds, even a small handful, give me incredible gas pains. I know it's not ideal, and I'm sure someone else may have better advice than I do, but are you a coffee or tea drinker? Sometimes a cup of coffee or caffeinated tea can help, ahem, move things along. 

well after a full day of no nuts things have finally gotten back on track though it seems like today that those buggers have finally made their reappearance at the final destination.  I'm guessing the few days transit is not such a good thing, not to mention that in the interim i've had a bit more gas (from the nuts irritating my insides?)

anyone with any insight?

i've got mostly raw almonds, pecans, and some sunflower seeds plus some roasted pepitas.  as far as i know they aren't activated, not even sure how to do that!  does it make them soft? because that woul dmake me sad since i like the crunch of nuts more than anything

It involves soaking, so it does soften them, although you could dehydrate them afterwards at low temp to get the crunch back.

I actually prefer the taste and texture of activated nuts and seeds - I can't eat walnuts that haven't been soaked, they taste bitter! I've sprouted sunflower seeds, and raw pepitas :)

Archived