Accountability for the rest of August Whole30: No more nuts, no dried fruit

sethb01

Posting my meals for the rest of the month here and making the commitment to no dried fruit, honestly limiting normal fruit, and no longer eating nuts or nut butters for the remainder of my whole30.

Today's plan:

Meal 1: Romaine lettuce, split chicken breast, 1-2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 avocado

Meal 2: Large atlantic salmon fillet, broccoli, coconut aminos

Meal 3: 3-4 eggs cooked in coconut oil, avocado

It looks like you're not planning to eat enough on Meals 1 and 3.

You'd need to eat A LOT of lettuce to be full. Could you perhaps add another vegetable (a cup or so) to your meal 1?

Meal 3 has no vegetables: add 1-2 cups to be compliant with the meal template.

If you don't have the meal template, here you go: http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Happy eating!

Thanks for the help. I did know both of these things, though I need to be better at implementing them instead of eating more fats. I have had trouble digesting (even with digestive enzymes) any raw, leafy green vegetables so it has been difficult to "fill my plate with veggies." Broccoli has to be very limited for me as well or my stomach seems to give me the middle finger if I have too much. 

What vegetables would you recommend besides lettuce/kale/spinach to fill my meals with?

I like to do thick slices of tomatoes drizzled with olive oil for an extra veggie + fat to go along with my protein.  

Cauliflower mash/puree is a really good side for something different.

A staple around here (even before Whole30) has always been chopped up zucchini and yellow summer squash, sauteed in oil with salt & pepper.

Spaghetti squash is a new favorite of mine.

Good luck!

Archived