Alexandra.'s log

alexandra.

Hello everyone!

I am so happy I found this community.

I've been involved in the real / traditional food movement for four years with awesome results.

I am a healthy person with no medical issues.

But for a while now I've kind of lost track (mainly starting eating grains again and lots of dairy, potatoes and fruit) and the pounds have been piling up for the last year and a half.

I am by no means fat but I really want to look and feel my best so I have decided to do Whole30 and see what happens.

My goals for the next 30 - 60 days are as follows:

- reducing the appearance of cellulite

- reducing constant bloating

- eliminating teeth sensitivities

- lose 7 kg (around 15 pounds) 

I am attaching a picture; I really hope it is not offensive. If is it, I will remove it.

I would appreciate some exercising advise, as I am starting gym tomorrow. 

I must admit I hate cardio, so advice concerning weight training would be most appreciated. 

I also want to learn how to focus more, as I have huge procrastination issues, and I hope this program will help me stay focused and goal oriented.

Alex

post-34141-0-02112200-1375880231_thumb.j

Hi Alexandra!

Weight training will definitely help you change your physique! I suggest finding a good trainer if you don't know what to do already, and have a program written for you - don't be afraid to lift heavy!! It'll make the world of difference.

A little cardio may help - if you don't like cardio, HIIT is probably perfect - its short lived although possibly more painful than steady state, but a lot more effective.

Have fun! I'd take photos monthly to track progress - in your underwear/bathers, front back and side. You might not notice progress easily as you see yourself in the mirror everyday, but putting photos side by side is eye opening!

If you get someone to show you proper technique you won't have an issue. Do ask around for a good trainer though - it way too easy to get qualifications these days with no real understanding or experience!

Weight will differ from person to person - but I'd say 3-4 sets of 8-12 repetitions of an exercise, heavy is getting to the last couple of repetitions of each set and struggling. Pulling of ridiculous/hilarious "constipation" face required :P

Hahaha. I see

I'm visiting the new gym tomorow, hope I can find someone who understands what I want and knows what I need. 

I spent the last month and a half reading about fitness and realizing that everything I knew about heavy lifting, muscles and exercise was wrong and now

I'm now looking forward to NOT looking "bulky and hulky" and being lean and fit :)

Fingers crossed!

You won't get "hulky"...women don't usually have the capability of putting on that much muscle.

You may go through a period of feeling bulky - this isn't really because the muscle is growing, but because the layer of fat is still over the top. As you lose the fat, you'll look leaner even with the extra muscle!

Agreed. That bulky thing is a myth. 

If you haven't done consistent strength training in the past, you might want to keep it simple with basic body weight exercises - push ups, air squats, bench dips, pull ups, etc. - and go from there. Make sure you start slow, build a good base, and as amberino21 said learn the proper technique. I speak this from experience - I trashed my knee last fall doing squats wrong. I know better now! And I'm still scared of ripping my back out doing deadlifts. I haven't done it and my trainer hubby says my form looks fine, but I am still terrified :)

Best of luck to you!

P.S. I hate cardio too :)

August 7th

Late breakfast

Chai “latte†(approx. 700ml) - fresh black tea, one ripe banana, two raw pastured egg yolks, I tbs hydrolyzed grass fed gelatin, 1tbs clarified grassfed butter

Late lunch

Carrot soup with homemade concentrated beef stock, onions and lots of fresh parsley

Dinner

Salad made with two carrots, two summer apples, handful of walnuts and a few raisins (like 10 or so)

I know it seems like very liitle food, but I promise I ate as much as I needed, considering I just stayed home all day and worked on my computer (I'm in Europe btw)

you didn't eat enough - even for someone staying home.

have you got the meal template?

your meals need to consist of protein/fat/vegies -

your breakfast has no vegies and very little protein, your lunch was probably low in fat and protein, and your dinner has no protein and very little vegetables. Fruit shouldn't be pushing vegies off your plate.

eating less is not the answer to reaching your goals!

I know! I've been reading other logs and I just realised that even if I ate ok ingredients,  I was not compliant withe the template.

it was not intentional,  I ate what I could with the ingredients I had in the fridge. Going shopping right now.

day three almost over

so far so good  :)

August 8th

Breakfast

3 egg omelet with lots of fresh dill

Salad: red and yellow tomatoes, cucumbers, sprouts (radish and broccoli),olive oil, sea salt

Snack

One summer apple with leftover “chocolate cream†made for my daughter (I ate about 3 tbs)

(Ripe banana, dark cacao powder, raw egg yolks, hydrolyzed grassed gelatin, raw hazelnuts)

Lunch and dinner – same thing

Chicken thigh with salad (red and yellow tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh parsley, evoo, sea salt).

August 9th

Breakfast

2 egg omelet with leftover chicken and fresh dill

Huge pink tomato with olive oil and sea salt

Lunch

Chicken soup with carrots and a big piece of meat

Dinner

Grilled pork and mushrooms with pineapple sauce (fresh pineapple, fresh tomato juice, lots of spices, blended together and then reduced to a thick sauce over medium fire)

Red cabbage salad (with apple vinegar and olive oil)

August 10th  

(day 4)

Breakfast

Leftover grilled pork with cabbage salad (with apple vinegar, olive oil, sea salt)

Lunch

Grass fed calf liver sautéed in beef fat with carrot and celery sticks

Fresh pineapple and watermelon

Dinner

Mushroom cream soup (with chicken meat) – fresh muschrooms sautéed in beef fat and then blended with chicken soup and spices

Honey melon

My appetite is low but I am eating as much as I can.

I have no cravings and no bad reactions so far 

:)

August 11

(day 5)

Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner same thing

– leftovers from grass fed beef stock (meat and bone marrow) with different vegetables – tomatoes, celery, carrots, red peppers etc 

Few pieces of watermelon

August 12

(day 6)

Breakfast: leftover beef from the stock with baba ghanoush style paste (grilled eggplant, raw egg yolks, slightly roasted sesame seeds, avocado, sea salt), tomatoes and red peppers

Few pieces of watermelon

Lunch + Dinner

Turkey livers (cooked in beef fat) with cherry tomatoes, sun flower seeds and olive oil

I must say I am feel pretty good, my belly is realy flat in the morning, and no horrible bloating with meals  :D

August 13 (day 7)

Breakfast:

Turkey livers (cooked in beef fat) with tomatoes and olive oil

Lunch + Dinner

Ground meat (pork and beef) cooked in beef fat with spices (rosemary, oregano, curry)

Tomatoes, red bell peppers

Watermelon

When I say lunch + dinner I mean I had the same thing for both meals

It's really hard for me to cook 3 different meals a day, so I cook more and eat that food until I finish it.

You have got some wicked awesome food going on there. I am now hungry for dinner. I like your "cook a bunch and eat it until it's gone" approach. I maybe have one or two good cook-ups in me a day and that's it. Which is why lunch is usually a can o' tuna over greens for me.

thank you,  missmunchie!

I'm sure the fact that I have been somewhat paleo / WAPF oriented for all these years has helped me, because I have a lot of ideas and I'm not bored at all. my body is reacting great actually, with no bad reactions so far.

after just one week people are telling me I've lost weight (in my face at least) which is crazy. 

(female TMI warning)

I got my period a few days in and it came and went with zero symptoms - no cramping, no discomfort, nothing!

(usually I didn't have really bad symptoms but still.. every month I was feeling huge and bloated at least).

also, this was the first period in god knows how many years with zero hormonal acne (usually I would get at least 2 or 3  acne spots around my chin.

this time... skin is clear and spotless :)

August 14 (day 8)

Breakfast

Leftover ground meat (pork and beef) cooked in beef fat with spices (rosemary, oregano, curry)

Tomatoes, red bell peppers

3 tbsp of my daughter's “chocolate cream†(ripe banana, raw egg yolks, grass fed gelatin, cacao powder)

Lunch + Dinner

Pork patties with different salads: tomatoes and basil, white cabbage with olive oil, vinegar and pepper, grilled bell peppers with olive oil and vinegar

A slice of watermelon

August 16

(day 10)

Breakfast

Two egg omelet with onions and lots of dill, cooked in beef fat

Also tomatoes and bell peppers with olive oil

Lunch + Dinner

Chicken thigh

Incredibly yummy tomato soup (home made beef stock and beef fat, onions, fresh tomato juice, lots of fresh basil)

Today I've noticed huge digestive discomfort from eating just two small summer apples –  a loose stool immediately after eating them and bloating for the rest of the day.

This doesn't happen if I eat watermelon or honeymelon... is it the fiber? 

August 17

(day 11)

Breakfast

A bowl of tomato soup and one boiled egg

Lunch

Tuna and rucola salad with olive oil and apple vinegar

Dinner

Leftover meat (chicken and tuna) and a bowl of tomato soup

Today I also ate an apple and about 200g of freshly picked wild blackberries.

It seems that  my appetite is back  :) 

Archived