Exercise meal and appetite

dianakinnett

I know the guide explains to eat certain food prior to a workout. I do my exercise in the morning (like around 5:30am or 6), and then breakfast is usually right after that. I'm a little confused about whether I should really be eating the exercise before/after meal if I'm about to have breakfast right after. I don't have a huge appetite in the morning to begin with, and just eating a whole breakfast can be a bit of a challenge. I'm only on day 11, so any help would be appreciated!

The pre-workout meal is a suggestion, not a mandate. It signals your body to use fuel during the workout. Some people tolerate eating a small meal prior to workouts, some don't. Refueling your body after a workout is very important-especially if its a high intensity workout, or long workout. I really can't tolerate eating right before a workout, so I either have to make sure I give myself enough time to eat a small amount of protein or a small piece of fruit with some nuts about an hour before I workout, or I just wait till afterwards and the I enjoy a bigger meal. You may need to play around with this and see what works for your body and your workouts. Good luck!

Archived