Get a Mandolin slicers ~ zucchini noodles

Kelli R

I finally pulled out the mandolin slicer I ordered a few months ago.  I thin julienned sliced three zucchinis to make "noodles". I put them in a pan with a little olive oil and sauteed them for a bit.  I then added a little water to speed up the cooking.  The slicing took 2 minutes and the cooking another 5.  The zucchini had the texture of al dente pasta ~ it was AMAZING.  I could even roll the noodles on my fork!  I topped it with Fresh & Easy pasta sauce that is Whole30 complient and chicken and some fresh basil.  I will be using this all the time.

I got the idea from this recipe at the great website PaleOMG http://paleomg.com/chicken-pesto-pasta/

I haven't tried the pesto yet, but it's on my list.

Seriously a great meal! 

You can also get a spiralator which makes zuccini into pasta, as well as other vegetables.  It's like eating a plate of spaghetti!  Google it and you'll find all kinds of places to buy, not expensive either.

Can someone explain to me why this is not SWYPO?

Because it is pure nutrition and so easily made a part of the template. It's simply a fun way to cut zucchini up. It doesn't beg for off plan ingredients like a paleoized pancake might. Much of SWYPO is very individual, so if these bring vissions of a parmesean cream sauce, I would just skip them.

yeah, I've always loved zucchini and this is just an easy way to prepare it. Usually we just slice it and put it on the grill or in the broiler, but this is more 'fun'. If I could have tomato sauce, it would be perfect. But then I'd want some grated romano, and that would be SWYPO!!!!!

Archived