August 8 Start Date

sethb01

Decided to be honest with myself and the fact that I was eating dried fruit with added sugar in it every day the past 7 days of my planned August whole30. Going to restart tomorrow and do it right this time. Time to embrace the suck instead of running for food comfort.

I'm an August 8th starter as well! Was thinking (in the shower this morning -lol) "Oh I'll start my Whole 30 on Saturday...." but I realized I'll just keep coming up with excuses, so I'm starting today! So far so good. I'm doing a daily thread, but I'll try to come back for support daily!

I am a compulsive and emotional eater who eats to shield myself from living life, and doing the things I know I should and could be doing. I've been afraid to get out of that comfort and I run to food when I think about something I am not happy with. It numbs my mind and nine times out of ten causes me awful stomach aches, bloating, and GI issues. I then use these symptoms to make the excuse that I can't do anything (exercise, study, work on my business). 

Time to stop eating and start attacking the comfort zone.

If you guys are about accountability let's hold each other to our word. Let's trust the process and know that no matter how much it can suck at times, it will change us in the end and be so, so worth it. Done it before, but didn't turn it into a lifestyle after. It works. For real.

I started 8/8 as well. I felt awful the first 3 days and then towards the end of day 4 I felt awesome. Feeling good today, I had steak with sautéed mushrooms, onions and garlic, oven roasted Brussel sprouts on a bed of local baby mixed greens for breakfast and I'm still not hungry but I was in a meeting this morning and all I could think about was how I wanted to weigh myself, drink a caribou coffee, eat a muffin, and get stoned. I haven't smoked pot for years, or drank, and suddenly I'm having some serious cravings!

But most of all I really really really want to step on the scale.

I'm feeling pretty good today! I had a migraine going into this and I think quitting sugar made it worse. But now I feel like a human again and I'm hoping to keep improving from here.

Seth- I think something like this can really bring out some discomfort when it takes away your coping mechanism. Keep at it. I can be a bit of an avoider as well so I feel your pain :)

Letsgogreen- I want to get on the scale tooooo!! :).

Everyone in this thread is inspiring. No doubt. Keep chipping away at the new you.

I restarted yet again and am finishing day 4 today. My attitude is renewed though, and I am programming myself to become a new person, using this program as my vehicle to get there. Definitely have been having sugar cravings, and had to resist many tough things this weekend where my body and mind were pissed. I am re-learning that it is ALWAYS worth it to stick it out and resist the craving until it passes. 

Pain of discipline > pain of regret. I have seen this so many times but am actually applying it now. 

Archived