Salt, pepper, spices...

Sunshine2719

Hi, I'm very new to this and I haven't started the Whole30 yet, but I WILL!  I overthink everything as I'm sure I'm overthinking this too...  However, please tell me if I can have salt, pepper, and spices?  I like to flavor my food but I want to make sure all of this is compliant before I begin.  

Thank you!

• 1 year later...

You can have salt, pepper, and spices as long as there is no MSG or sugar.  I don't think anyone could get through a Whole30 without those! :)

Don't worry - you can do it!

We just started week 2 on Whole30 (and LOVING it!) but just realized AFTER putting taco seasoning on some beef that it had sugar and other non-whole30 ingredients AND another seasoning mix has sugar in it that we used twice last week....do we have to start over?? I am putting them away for the remainder of the 30 days, we have been SUPER strict everywhere else and completely purged the other stuff in our pantry, I was dumb and didn't think to double check our spice rack. Ugh. 

We just started week 2 on Whole30 (and LOVING it!) but just realized AFTER putting taco seasoning on some beef that it had sugar and other non-whole30 ingredients AND another seasoning mix has sugar in it that we used twice last week....do we have to start over?? I am putting them away for the remainder of the 30 days, we have been SUPER strict everywhere else and completely purged the other stuff in our pantry, I was dumb and didn't think to double check our spice rack. Ugh. 

This blog post should help you decide if you need to start over or not. http://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

Archived