W30, 30weeks PG, LOW Bloodpressure

I am pregnant with my second, and did not do W30 the first time around.  I've been fairly consistent this time, but at my last 2 appointments, my bloodpressure has been really low (84/60 ish).  My doc told me that I needed to replace my electolytes.  I drank some power zero or something and it made me feel just gross.  I really can't stomach anything with sugar or artificial sugar.  Any thoughts on how to replace electolytes W30 style??

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Annie B

Put Sea Salt on everything you eat! Or a really great combo is fresh squeezed oj, plus water, plus salt, plus gelatin. It is a much better hydration drink than anything in a bottle (or can or packet). 

I also have natural low blood pressure, and I put salt on everything (drives my husband crazy as he is on BP meds and was avoiding salt, but is now using Himalayan Sea Salt). If I don't get enough salt, I don't feel right. Just curious, is your doctor checking your thyroid levels? I know the thyroid can go off when you are pregnant and low thyroid can cause a drop in blood pressure. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and that may be why I have low BP.

Thanks, all!  Bet, I will definitely have to have my doc check my thyroid again.  I had a difficult time breastfeeding with my first and "they" thought it could be thyroid related, but my tests came back fine.  I wonder if there's something weird going on with my thyroid.  Thanks!!

Archived