Is there such a thing as . . .

TOO much avocado?  It's absolutely my favorite fat and, while I cook some things in olive oil, I usually have guac or avocado for my main fat source at each meal.  For instance, today looked like this:

B - 2 scrambled eggs with bell peppers, tomatoes and onion, sweet potato "tots" and half an avocado

L - chicken, butternut squash, raw carrots & then guac for dipping

D - ground lamb, sweet potatoes, green beans, half an avocado, a peach

And I know I might be a little starch-veggie heavy today but yesterday was day 7 and I felt like I'd been run over with a TRUCK so I'm trying to fight that off right now! 

Thoughts?

I wouldn't worry about the avocado right now. It's good food and it's unlikely that you will have that much every single day. Things even out.

DO pay attention to protein portions, though, 2 eggs is probably not as many as you can hold in your hand, so 3 or 4 or 2+some other protein might work better (I can't tell portions with meals 2 and 3). Also, I worry about the sweet potato "tots". Did you make them yourself? If not, be aware that most frozen/packaged sweet potato tots and fries etc. have sugar and corn starch and all sorts of ingredients that are not part of the whole30. If you made them, fantastic, just a caution in case you didn't.  :)

Thanks for the feedback missmary!  (my name is Mary too!)  I'll stop worrying about the avocado then - and thank goodness because it's just so good!

2 eggs actually fit perfect in my palm . . . doesn't the guideline page say 1-2 palm size portions?  I definitely don't mind eating more eggs if I should be eating more!

And yes, the "tots" were just sweet potatoes that I cut up and cooked myself so they were compliant.  And so good!

Thanks for the feedback missmary! (my name is Mary too!) I'll stop worrying about the avocado then - and thank goodness because it's just so good!

2 eggs actually fit perfect in my palm . . . doesn't the guideline page say 1-2 palm size portions? I definitely don't mind eating more eggs if I should be eating more!

And yes, the "tots" were just sweet potatoes that I cut up and cooked myself so they were compliant. And so good!

Eggs is as many as you can hold in your hands, not just rest on your palm :) I'm sure you'd hold more than 2!

Archived