Total Commitment

Life - Change

Hi,

I started the "Whole 30" 3 months ago. At that time I weighed 166.  I've lost 24 pounds. I want to lose 24 more pounds. My goal is 118. I have never been one to diet. I feel great but I've been stuck at 142 pounds for a month ! I go up and down 2 or 3 pounds. 

I admit I did not do the whole 30 "religiously". I never gave up my favorite dressing on my salads.

Even so, I continued to lose weight.

I am convinced and sold on the fresh vegetables, clean meats and fresh fruits.

I exercised some but not enough. That is going to change too.

I have 3 daughters doing this too. My husband has lost 32 pounds and and his goal is 200 pounds. He has 28 pounds to reach his goal.

So I am commiting to return to the begining  . . . religiously this time . . . . to wipe out another 24 pounds.

I bet if you add exercise religiously you will lose the remaining weight. But remember, eat three complete meals a day. If you need to cut something, make it nuts or a serving of fruit. But....don't make the weight loss your main focus. Take all your measurements on day one and take a picture of yourself. Then, HIDE THE SCALE!!!! If you make those subtle changes to the diet and add the exercise, you will get positive results! Good luck!

I bet if you add exercise religiously you will lose the remaining weight. But remember, eat three complete meals a day. If you need to cut something, make it nuts or a serving of fruit. But....don't make the weight loss your main focus. Take all your measurements on day one and take a picture of yourself. Then, HIDE THE SCALE!!!! If you make those subtle changes to the diet and add the exercise, you will get positive results! Good luck!

Hi Colleen,

Thank you for the encouraging reply. I am one of those people who like to weigh themselves every morning and every night. I don't need to empty my cabinets or hide the scales. Besides, . . . if I hide the scales, I know where it is. ;)

I lost half of my weight goal already. if I can't have all the stuff around me and not be tempted ... then I consider myself weak. It is normal to be around people and all kinds of food. I am losing weight and I feel good and happy and that in itself is a strong motivation. I love a great variety of foods which is to my credit. I know so many picky eaters and doing this is hard for them. I am not easly bored with food. I try new food too.

I have been in town all day today. I ate supper at 7 P.M which is an hour later than usual. I try not to eat after 6 P.M.

It is too late for me to take measurements. I've never liked myself in pictures. I don't think I am unattractive - I just don't like me in pictures. I was in a size 16 pants and now in a 14 and real close to size 12. I don't like tight clothes - just slightly fitted. I like comfort and tight to me is uncomfortable. I am constantly pulling up my pants in the current size 14. I love it !

I am ready to bust below the 140's!

I have been patient and saw quick results. I like to see results so I want the scales. Both my husband and I feel it and see it in each other.

Not you, Colleen, but some people seem to think I am going to lose heart because I haven't lost any more weight and have been stuck for a month. I'm still excited about MAINTAINING my weight. The up and down by 2 or three pounds is probably water weight. 

I do intend to read the whole book "It Starts With Food" throughly from front to back.  I read some and one of my daughters read some to me and my husband read some and we just dove right into doing it. It sounded good and made perfect sense to us. We were overdoing it in the cheese department and the breads. So we quit the dairy and increased our fresh vegetables and ate more fresh fruits. Just those changes made a difference in our attitudes and Oh! My! Gosh!  our tastebuds  and sense of smell was enhanced ! I'm sleeping better too. For me to go back and eat the way I was would be pure stupidity.

I'm ready to take this to another level. I'm winning with ease. I don't feel like this is hard. I eat a lot of food and wake up with an appetite.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone keeps telling me to hide the scale but I like seeing progress so I weigh every day. 

We feel great while losing weight a healthy way. 

I have lost 2 more pounds since my husband and I re-started the whole 30 on the 12th of August. He has lost 4 pounds.

I have increased exercising time but still don't do enough.

I now weigh 140.   :) and am real happy about that.

Would you be happy if you lost no more weight but your pants fit better? The number on the scale is completely irrelevant!

I'm nearly 7kg heavier than I was 3 years ago but not much different in size! (I've put on muscle, my back is a lot wider and my legs are more solid...)

I am in a different size pants - down from a 16 to  a 14 and about to move into a size 12. I am pleased but not satisfied at this point. I don't agree that the number is irrelevant completely. I also understand what you are saying. Muscle weighs more.

I am still overweight and losing weight a healthy way. I'm not just focused on a number. I'm liking the way I feel and look.

This isn't temporary. I don't count calories ( that's numbers too).  I'm eating well. I see the change in my reflection and feel it in my clothes. I like it. 

I agree if you are overweight, it's nice to see the pounds come off. I did manage to stay off the scale, but I could visibly see results and see how my clothes were fitting differently. I also felt lighter, not as bloated.

I love that I can EAT (I had steak for breakfast this morning) and still lose weight. I too have some more to go and will be starting again on 9/1. Trying to keep as compliant as possible until then.

Archived