August 10th...because I like EVEN #s

olivetorun

Hello!  I got started today (Aug 11th)... I have been eating minimal grains for a while but would like to break a few habits (like the dark chocolate after meals) and get better sleep!!  And have better energy.   I am in it to see what positive things will result and look forward to being a part of this group! 

So, to make sure that I have NO excuses I meal prepped yesterday! I made a vegetable soup in the crock pot (diced tomatoes, cabbage, carrots, green beans, onion, green pepper, vegetable broth and red pepper flakes) through the day, took about 9 hours on low.

Then at night I turned on the oven and made some frozen veggies with some seasoning then cut three sweet potatoes and seasoned them and threw them in the oven. Half the sweet potatoes I did in coconut oil and cinnamon and the other half I did in olive oil and cayenne pepper, paprika, and smoked paprika.

Fail to plan, plan to fail! ;)  Now I have food for essentially the whole week and I'll never be stuck hungry, staring at the fridge trying to figure out what to make! 

Anyone else meal prepping for the week? What did you make?

I always have to do that too.. The sugar in it is SO addicting, seriously probably worse for me than candy/sweets! Talked myself out of a late night apple last night because I knew that I wasn't actually hungry! Baby steps!

Today I added half of a bratwurst to my soup so that I'll have some protein with lunch, and added an egg to my omelet this morning since YES I CAN hold three eggs in my hand and not just two! Hopefully it will help do the trick to keeping me full until lunch time!

Anyone else having trouble FEELING like you're eating enough, but being afraid that you're not? I know I am.

Yes!  I have been doing a rough plan of meals/snacks the night before and that has been working well too.  I'm already feeling low energy though from now quick sugars, blahh!  On day 3 I woke up feeling really stiff, congested and puffy... wonder if that is related to the hangover part of this... :)

Cori I can't believe you even tried to start during your birthday!! Birthday to me = junk food all day.. Followed by a very upset tummy!

So last night I had a dream that I had a chocolate bar filled with caramel! It was kinda tortuous, waking up feeling like I'd cheated. However, I was happy when I woke up and found out it was just a dream!

Last night my boyfriend and his family came over and they had pizza, they were just coming off of a flight and needed dinner. I'd already eaten, luckily, and was able to resist.. Jet's which is my favorite! I did have an apple and some sunflower seed butter while they were eating so I wouldn't be tempted to go for the last piece of pizza.. I was very happy with my self control! :D  

Okay, I'm really, really starting over today! Had lazy frittata leftovers and sweet potato for pre/post w/o, with an extra egg since hubby cooked too many for himself. Brought the rest of the frittata to work for breakfast, but I forgot my avocado (d'oh!). I have some AB in my drawer, so I can make it work.

Day 1, v. 3.0!

Archived