Favorite veggie recipe - GO!

ltlfroggie

I KNOW I need to be eating more veggies (really only getting in 1-2 servings a day if I'm lucky).  I'm a veggie newbie so need some good ideas of recipes that will make them taste good!  I'm making some chili this weekend (one way I know I can get in some and eat it)...thanks!

I have been loving all of my veggies cooked in bone broth, coconut oil, or bacon fat.  Seriously yummy.

Raw veggies are great in mayo. We've also turned that mayo into a creamy Italian dressing that we've been using for a garden salad.

Depending on what veggies you already like, how you like to cook, what's in season where you are, and what you want to try...check these out for ideas.

http://nomnompaleo.com/recipeindex

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/category/recipes/veggies/

I found I could get myself to eat more veggies this summer by making little crudite platters.  A variety of raw veggies along with some olives and mayo dip and I am good to go!

Zucchini noodles were great during my whole30s.   I also love most vegetables when chopped, tossed in coconut oil and roasted.  Brussels sprouts, carrots, squash, etc.  Divine!

Coconut almond green beans from Well Fed. So freaking good. I always keep a container of chopped mixed veggies in my fridge-usually a mix of red, yellow and orange peppers, red onion, zucchini, summer squash, and carrots. If they are already chopped and day to go, it's easy to throw a cup into eggs in the morning, salads at lunch ad dinner soups, you name it!

I always keep a container of chopped mixed veggies in my fridge-usually a mix of red, yellow and orange peppers, red onion, zucchini, summer squash, and carrots. If they are already chopped and day to go, it's easy to throw a cup into eggs in the morning, salads at lunch ad dinner soups, you name it!

I try to do this, too.  I keep veggies to cook in one container and veggies for salads in another.  If I run out, I only chop them once, add to that day's food and have more to add for a few more meals.

For breakfast veggie ideas, I started with veggies I might see in an omelet or scramble - peppers, onions, asparagus, spinach.  At this point, anything goes at any time of the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived