Recovering from CDiff

I finished my course of antibiotics and am starting probiotics today.  I don't know much about CDiff, although I read an article from Australia that said that it can cause peristalsis in parts of the gut.  It basically sounded like what happened to me.  Anyway, my symptoms started in March, but I am not sure if I could have had it that long (or longer).

I also think I have low stomach acid based on my beet test, but I am not convinced my stomach is ready for HCL, as I read it can be hard on the stomach.

I would love to learn about gut-healing foods.  I am taking s. boulardii, VSL-3, and I have kombucha, and Zukes.  Aside from that, I am curious which foods can go through more easily while my gut repopulates.  I'm pretty bored of thinking about food and worrying about each bite.  I am sure my food stress/anxiety is not very healing.  And, I question everything I ever learned in the past. 

Oh, and I'm running low on bone broth.

Hi Nico, have you ever heard of SCD, Specific Carbohydrate diet? It's similar to W30, but it starts off very slowly with just broth and pureed veggies. I did it for a few months after I was in the hospital last year and my system was in bad shape. You are right to do something healing and easy on your system while it recovers. Anyway, here is the link, check it out:

http://scdlifestyle.com/

• Moderators

I have always had problems with developing diarrhea when taking probiotic pills, so I gave up on pills and stick with fermented foods now. On an average day I eat some cold sauerkraut or kimchi with scrambled eggs for breakfast and drink a bottle of GT Dave's kombucha for lunch. When I make it to Whole Foods, I buy coconut kefir and may have 3 dollops with some canned pineapple or peaches at the end of supper. Also, I typically chop up one or two Bubbies fermented pickles when I make salmon salad, so I get some probiotics from fermented foods that way too. 

Melissa Hartwig warned me that, "For those with a histamine intolerance, thyroid issues, or dysbiosis, fermented foods need to be introduced very carefully (or perhaps not at all)."

Archived