Beer & Pizza night

Purplepenguin

My Navy shop is littered with donuts, cake, cookies etc on weekends so I agree with the proactive approach: bring your own food and bring some healthy/tasty/Whole30 goodies to share!  In my experience, the Whole30 food is always a smash because most people are always interested in a fresh, homemade option. Then you always have something to eat and share and don't stand out.

Plan B: Just don't go if the temptations are too great. You really don't have to go to the all these things, especially if the venue is "Mission Impossible" for a Whole30. I avoided the group lunch on Sunday because it's just too hard to order Whole30 with a bunch of rowdy, hungry friends. I brought my own lunch and ate it at my sister's nearby home.

If it's at a restaurant I would suggest just getting a salad and bringing your own dressing. When I was at "mandatory" social functions during my Whole30 and didn't feel like answering a million questions from intoxicated acquaintances, I would always order a short club soda with a lime and cocktail straw so it would look like I was drinking a vodka soda.  You may think that as lame, but it kept me from getting into conversations I didn't want to have with irrational non-sober people.

Archived