starting August 12

EricaV

Hi everybody. Thought I give u guys a heads up. I'm starting on a second Whole30 the upcoming Monday (25 nov 2013). Here are my reasons:

I want to enter 2014 on a clean bill

I plan on doing an Autoimmune whole30 before spring

I want to look GOOD for new years ;-) (even though I'm spending it with my friend and her kids... hehe)

My first whole30 stumbled a bit

I've completely fallen off the wagon and need to sleep better now that the cold and dark season is well and truly here in Oslo

The Christmas time is both the best and the worst time to do this. Worst because there is so much candy lying around. Best because the Norwegian Christmas food contain a lot of animal fat from grass-fed sheep, turnips, fall vegetables and the meat from the same said sheep :-) !!!

I've promised my self that I will start exercising when I've had 4 weeks without any flu symptoms.

Basically, I want to be the best I can feel!

So, does anyone want to join? I'm staring a string on the Forum called Christmas whole30 (unless someone already took that title )

Welcome back, Trina!! I think doing a whole 30 in to Christmas is completely achievable :) you're right, there's so many delicious compliant foods to enjoy, and the gift of good health is the best thing you could ever give yourself!

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Trine!

So nice to hear from you again.

I've been struggling over the past few weeks again -- too busy, not giving enough time for myself -- and was thinking of starting a new Whole30 the week after you suggest. Next week is a rough one here in the USA as Thanksgiving is on Thursday. I have to think whether I'm setting myself up for failure if I start on Monday, or if I should just take the plunge and commit with you. Really, for me, it's not the food that's the problem as much as going through holiday meals and parties without alcohol! Should I be worrying about that? ;-)

So I'm gonna think about it and if I don't start with you this Monday, I won't be far behind. I will look for your new thread, and am wishing you lots of success!

Lizzie

Hi Trine!

So nice to hear from you again.

I've been struggling over the past few weeks again -- too busy, not giving enough time for myself -- and was thinking of starting a new Whole30 the week after you suggest. Next week is a rough one here in the USA as Thanksgiving is on Thursday. I have to think whether I'm setting myself up for failure if I start on Monday, or if I should just take the plunge and commit with you. Really, for me, it's not the food that's the problem as much as going through holiday meals and parties without alcohol! Should I be worrying about that? ;-)

So I'm gonna think about it and if I don't start with you this Monday, I won't be far behind. I will look for your new thread, and am wishing you lots of success!

Lizzie

Hi Lizzie

I've just visited Rome, Italy, I have two Christmas parties this week. And since I know that December will be hectic in many ways including alcohol, the reason to start this now is even more important. Because the PRESSURE of social drinking is so high, the Lessons learned about those around you and yourself is even greater. I'll understand if you want to postpone the whole30 because I waited until this week was over :-) but I have two work dinners/concerts next week. And the week after. And then shopping with friends and birthdays etc. 

I know thanksgiving is a huge holiday in USA as I lived there in my teens. But skip the bread an gravy and u'll have a great time anyhow!

Good luck!

I have made a new thread called Christmas Whole30 :-)

Trina

Archived