Starting my 3rd Whole30 on August 1!

kngonzales

In preparation for my first CrossFit competition. My boyfriend is joining me, in the Whole30, that is. He did the previous two with me as well. The first one is definitely the hardest, but the carb flu hits me every time. I suppose backsliding is backsliding no matter how you look at it! :)

That's really exciting that you're in a Crossfit comp. I've been watching the games this weekend. I've been doing crossfit for less than two months, but after watching the women compete, I really want to get more serious about it. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Thanks Krista! I've only been CrossFitting for about 4 months now, but the competition is at my home box, so I was encouraged to compete in the intermediate category by my coaches. I am just trying to stay positive, train hard, and see where I am fitness-wise! I started my first month going 2-3 times a week. Now, I'm going 4-5 times a week. A word of caution, I've been seeing incredible gains in my ability to increase my load quickly, but form should always come before load. As you increase your load, your form will take over. I've also noticed my rotator cuff has come back to haunt me from a prior high school injury. It really sucks to rest my shoulder, but I know sharp pain is not OK! I watched the games too! How about that last team WOD "The Girls"?! Incredible. Isabel would be the death of me. Snatches are tough! Good luck to you, and if you're serious about CF, definitely try a Whole30 while CrossFitting. It really made the difference for me in my training!

Archived