Fighting through Day 10

Hi folks - Second attempt at a successful Whole30.  First go round I fell victim to Day 10 extinction burst!  Took me a couple months but I picked myself up and brushed myself off and I'm back at it again.

Here's the thing.  I've had this excruciating headache since day 2.  I've tried upping my H20, upping my salt, and upping my sweet potato intake.  Nothing will budge it.  I've taken Advil, Aleve, and Excedrin.  

I need some encouragement to keep pushing because this is most unpleasant.  Also any ideas on how to get rid of this thing?

I had some of the worst headaches of my life when I was on the whole30.  It didn't start at day 2, more like day 9 or 10, and then I had them on and off until around day 25 or so.  They would come on in the morning and stick with me all day, like a really terrible hangover.  I think it was just my body's way of adjusting to no more simple carbs and sugars.  The body has been conditioned to really want and crave those things and it won't let you give them up easily.  Just keep doing what you are doing, and make sure you are eating enough food at every meal and it will pass in due time.  Once it does, you will be extra proud of yourself for 1) sticking to the plan and 2) sticking to the plan through such physical suffering.  It makes the 30th day that much sweeter.  Good luck.

Been there... done that got the t-shirt. 

For me it was the withdrawal from sugar/caffeine. The only thing i can say is... it gets better. 

Just think if this is how your body is reacting without... what are those bad things doing to you.....

You can get thru it!  Hold tight!

Archived