dairy consuming primal/paleo girl

UpNorth

Hi there!

My name is Emelie, I live in Sweden and I´ve been primal/paleo since January 1st and generally low carb for 2 years as we speak. Last summer I sort of fell off the wagon and gained lots of weight which I'm currently losing slowly, since I went primal. I've never tried to live without consuming dairy, so on August 1st I will join the whole30 challenge and see if cutting out dairy is a good idea for me healthwise!

Before I went primal, when I first started Low Carb, I never really thought bout quality of the products. What mattered to me then was how much carbohydrates a certain product contained. If it had wheat in it, but small amounts, I would eat it. Today I'm gluten free to 95 percent and have learned a lot about nutrition, and I'm healthier than ever.

I'm very excited about this!

It's the best decision I've ever made to do a Whole 30. You will not regret it. Just make sure you pay attention to your cravings for dairy and why you may be emotionally connected to dairy. You may not think you are, but don't deny it if you are. The biggest thing about my Whole 30 is paying attention to my emotionl response to things and moving forward. :) Best of luck and this forum is a great support system.

Welcome!

I was addicted to dairy most of my life. Casein has opiate-like elements, so it is very addicting. I finally gave it up on July 1, and I'm glad I did! I'll be doing Whole30 indefinitely, so I'll see you in August!

Welcome, Emelie!

Giving up dairy on the Whole 30 was really good for me because I found out which products were highly inflammatory (milk and most cow cheese), which I could take in small doses (goat/sheep cheese, full fat cream) and which were basically OK (full fat yoghurt and butter). Making these small moderations to my ongoing diet has made a big difference to my eczema and psoriasis. I hope you find it equally helpful in tweaking your nutrition.

Enjoy!

Archived