Whole 30 #2

mdraeger

I'm starting my second W30 today (did one in January). My hubby is the main driver of this one, but I could definitely use a reset as some of my good habits from the first one have definitely gone by the way side. Last time, I didn't keep a food log so I thought it would be cool to do one this time. 

Let the games begin!

DAY ONE:

Breakfast

Green eggs & turkey (recipe from Paleo Comfort Foods)

Blueberries (1 cup)

Lunch

Burger patty

Kale salad with strawberries

Beet salad (shredded chiogga beets, carrots & oranges in a vinegarette dressing.)

Snack:

3 slices of salami

Dinner

Grilled chicken thighs with lemon, olive oil & rosemary

CFS "Sixy salad" (Recipe here)

Green salad w/ cherry tomatoes & peppers, Well-Fed ranch dressing

Notes

Felt pretty good today. Didn't sleep well last night, so was definitely tired in the afternoon. (Slow work day didn't help.) All of the raw veggies didn't make my stomach too happy, so I took a digestive enzyme with dinner. No cravings or feelings of deprivation, but was hungry in the afternoon. Will play with meal portions tomorrow.

DAY TWO:

Breakfast

Sweet potato hash (Nom Nom Paleo's recipe)

Two eggs fried in bacon grease

Kale salad with strawberries

Lunch

Well Fed chocolate chili over a couple of handfuls of raw spinach

CFS Sixy salad

Snack

Grilled chicken thigh

Dinner

Sole cooked in a foil packet with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and cherry tomatoes

Green beans w/ ghee

Salad w/ red bell pepper, 1/2 an avocado, handful of cherry tomatoes and WF ranch dressing

Notes

A little headachy and tired today, but very minor. Stomach is not as bad today, so no enzymes were needed. Had a few stray thoughts of chocolate, but they were fleeting and insubstantial. 

Archived