Day 6 and I Kicked Butt on Day 5

caralex

I am really glad that I can come here and leave a note about my previous day. I never journal because either no one reads it or I don't want to share.

Day 5 -  I hosted 11 women for dinner - I made them honey lemon chicken, watermelon, tomato and feta salad, wild rice salad and peach cobbler with ice cream.  Once I stuck my finger in my mouth as habit to taste and spit it out right away and rinsed my mouth out.  Wow how easy it would be to slip up.

I am proud - freaking proud - that I planned everything in advance and rocked right through dinner with my Whole 30 compliant self.  I was prepared and that is really what is the key to success here. Preparation and the belief that what you are doing is for the best. 

Today I received self reward from Amazon - It starts with food, well fed and practical paleo.  I love cookbooks anyway but these are life books.  I am after nom nom paleo next.

No joke - I am not sleeping that well, I am kind of jittery and a wee bit grumpy but I am on it.  I have this huge jug with water and haveing it sitting on the counter is a reminder to drink and a go to for feeling better. I want the while 30 success feeling at the end.

After last night and how strong I felt, I gotta stay focused and on the path.  When I think about how I feel at this moment I remember how much "fun" I had before I got on the program and how my body is just reminding me that there are always consequences to every action.

Great job staying on track while still socializing! You know, you could totally make a 100% compliant meal next time. It would blow everyone away when they realize that is how you are eating EVERY day. There are a ton of great recipes in Well Fed. Love, love, love it. I downloaded the nom nom paleo app. Love what I've tried so far! Just to clarify-you bought a copy of ISWF by the Hartwigs, correct? Not the rip-off cookbook by the same name? Because that is totally NOT part of the plan or compliant.

Have fun trying new recipes!

Archived