I'm not hungry.

I've never been a breakfast eater and I know that is a sign of some metabolic issue so I've been making myself eat breakfast. I have tried the recommended 3 eggs (what I can fit in my hand) wih veggies and I get, I would not say full, but decidedly unmotivated to finish.

My dilemma is that my instinct says to stop eating but I'm afraid of making my metabolic issues worse. Additionally, after breakfast, I'm just not hungry for lunch, I get hungry about dinner time.

My question is, can I reduce the overall amount of food even though it is less than the recommended serving according to the Whole 30 protocol?

Thank you for your responses!

Is it just the timing of the meal that you're not in love with? Or is it the food choices?

If it's the latter, why don't you eat something like meat and veggies and avoid the eggs/breakfasty foods?

If it's the former, i'd be curious of your larger context...but regardless you shouldn't be forcing yourself to eat. Cut down to two eggs? Or starchier veggies like sweet potatoes or something, so there is less food for you to be eating

I super-love eggs and all things breakfasty (food in general)! I think I'm suffering from some of that "paralysis by analysis". Underfeeding=stress vs. obeying the bodies natural cues for equalibrium.

My instinct would to be eat what I can of the prescribed meal, then save the rest for when I'm hungry again and if that's not until lunch, then proceed with a compliant lunch and save the breakfast for tomorrow. Am I overthinking all of this?

Yep! You probably are. The recommendations are just that: recommendations. Everybody is different and is going to require more or less food. As long as you're trying to eat SOMETHING first thing in the morning, I'd knock the quantity down to something you can finish.

Archived