Start Date: 15 August.....Join In!

Islandgrrl

Hello all.  I haven't been on this thread for a while so it's nice to check in and see how everyone's doing.  I'm stunned by islandgrrl's restaurant experience! Makes me want to be much more careful whenever I go out for meals (which this week will be pretty darn frequently - yikes!) 

I'm not sure what day most of you are on at this point but today is Day 11 for me.  I've had some ups and downs but feeling pretty good today!

Have a great day!

Lizzie

True. I honestly think he just didn't understand what gluten-free meant. I don't think it's an excuse, though. He's a chef. He should know. I won't be eating there again, ever. Honestly, I think I'm better off just not eating out.

I've seen a couple of nutrient analyses on potatoes vs sweet potatoes, and their nutrients per calorie are very similar, except for vitamin A, of course. A hundred pounds of potatoes! Did you use the vertical stacking method for your potatoes, islandgrrl?

• 2 weeks later...

True. I honestly think he just didn't understand what gluten-free meant. I don't think it's an excuse, though. He's a chef. He should know. I won't be eating there again, ever. Honestly, I think I'm better off just not eating out.

i've found that eating out makes this experience oh so stressful. my boyfriend and i cooked at home for two weeks straight but then we were invited out on separate occasions. it's honestly exhausting to ask the waiter so many questions, get your food and still wonder if you left anything out or if they overlooked something. at least the waiters i've experienced have been nice and i've still been able to eat out at most places.

day 22 everyone! we're almost there! how do you feel?

i feel good but i don't notice much of a difference from pre-whole30 days. i've actually been more tired, but that may be due to the fact that we adopted a cat last week who loves to wake us up multiple times per night.

and i think i may have had a restaurant snafu? either that or i cooked and ate pork that was too old. i made a pork dish for lunch (the pork had been in my fridge for quite a while but didn't smell too bad and i nearly overcooked it to reduce any health risks) and then ate out at a japanese restaurant for dinner, getting 6 yakitori (grilled chicken skewers with asparagus) without any sauce. it seemed to me just like plain chicken. but once i finished eating, i got REALLY bloated and these past few days my stomach has been hurting with random sharp pains. i also broke out on my face as well. but it's close to *that* time of month, so it's hard to know.

anyway, those have been my experiences.

ps. honestly though...i want pizza.

I know everything I have eaten since the fateful meal out has been spot on. I have cooked it all myself. Tonight I am bloated and feeling gross. Dinner was adobo spiced grilled chicken and sauteed greens with red grapes. Exactly the same dinner as last night. I don't get it. At all. 

I think the process can be really weird, too. I had a couple of days when my stomach was going nuts for no apparent reason and now I'm fine again. I can be cruising along and then all of a sudden cravings hit. I just keep trying to be patient, one foot in front of the other. I am disappointed, though, that I'm on Day 22 with no consistent reduction in my tendon pain. I feel better otherwise and definitely am seeing a different shape starring to emerge, but the pain was a big motivation for trying this. I am planning to continue after the 30 days, aiming for e end of Sept and hope to continue to see and feel improvement. (I will probably weigh myself though -- I'm so curious!-- and will have an off-road event if I decide to attend my 35th HS reunion -- Yikes!)

Be of good Cher, hang in there.

I haven't seen Cher in years. She must be getting up there in years, though. 

So I am on about day 54 or thereabouts. About 5 weeks ago I injured my left Achilles tendon. I have been immobilized in a boot since. It is not improving. Other things are, but not that. I am going, hopefully next week, to see an orthopedic surgeon. It's bad.  

More tomorrow....my computer is out of juice...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry your tendon isn't better yet.

I got through to day 26 and then decided that, although I was eating the right foods, I wasn't eating them in the right way. So I started over. That means today is day 32 or day 5, depending on how I look at it. Doesn't matter. I'm feeling good, think I'm looking better, and today at least feel pretty settled in to this new lifestyle.

Archived