Previously paleo and feeling unwell... enter whole30.

marnieb

Hello!

I'm starting whole30 tomorrow (when the shopping gets delivered). I'm in my 20s and from Australia.

A couple of years ago I did Sarah Wilson's I Quit Sugar program and was sugar (fructose) free for over a year, and paleo for about six months of that time. I felt really wonderful, then I fell pregnant with my second bebe and couldn't stand savoury food or protein and went sugar crazy. Somehow, I only put on 1kg my whole pregnancy, but have really stacked it on since then.

Since my son was born 7 months ago, I've jumped on and off the paleo wagon, mainly due to exhaustion - let's face it, sometimes it IS easier to just order a pizza and wait for it to arrive while you lay on the lounge.

I lost ~20kg with paleo but I still I fall into the 'morbidly obese' category. Weight loss is always a bit of a motivator, but that's not why I'm doing w30 at all. I realised this week that I feel significantly unwell. My body hurts. The last 3 weeks I have had diarrhea twice, nausea and vomiting, two colds. My eyes hurt. My back hurts. I'm tired. I'm dizzy. I feel bloated. My head feels fuzzy. I have no motivation or energy. And I know this is a direct result of my food choices. Not from being up several times a night with a baby or chasing a very energetic 2.5 year old. It's the food. I know this and I know it needs to change. NOW.

So here I am... ready to shake things up and get back to where I was when my body was in its natural state of complete health. Goodbye, food intolerances and sensitivities! Goodbye, lack of energy! Goodbye, bloating!

Happy to be part of the community. :)

M

It feels so wrong to hit 'like this' when someone complains of feeling like crap!  But I salute your discipline and determination with two kiddos under three!

This is really a great time to do this.  Life kind of sucks anyway in the 'personal comfort' department (no offense to the earth mommas who love every single minute of pregnancy and child rearing) and you will accidentally / on purpose massively change your kids food preferences for the better by feeding them and yourself higher quality food.

Good luck!!  You can do it!  Heck, if you can be sugar free for a year you've totally got this!

marnie, i know many of the issues you were talking about very well....including the on again off again paleo situation ..i'll eat clean and paleo then something happens and pizza sneaks in and i end up feeling horrible after eating that way and go back to paelo, but i'm 13 days into my second whole 30 (i'm extending this one to at least 60 days) and feeling great, not sure if i'm loosing weight, but i have energy, which is amazing in and of itself.

Archived