Do I have to talk about it?

Whole Amy

I am on Day 23 and the email I got yesterday was all about how to talk about Whole 30 with friends and coworkers.  To be honest, I don't really want to.   I don't like preaching to others or really share what I am doing because I don't want to answer their questions or to be judged or watched.  Although I feel awesome and look forward to following this way of life for many years to come I don't see why I have to try to convert others.  It took me years to get to the point of being able to exclude these foods - even after knowing for several years that they caused me real trouble.  I feel like if I share my plan with others they will then think that I am judging them when they eat less healthy foods.  Food choices, diet and exercise are personal topics and I don't think they should be discussed casually in the workplace.

Would love to hear what others think.

• Moderators

I never initiate conversations about food. When people bring up the topic of food, I discuss recipes and how much I enjoy cooking unless the person expresses genuine interest in my eating habits. Then I talk. 

From experience, even people who ask questions are often not really listening to the answers. I'll happily talk about what and how I eat with anyone who wants to know.....I don't really bring it up unless asked! People will be interested when they're ready - like you mentioned, it took you years to be able to exclude foods, other people are the same, perhaps even less likely to give foods up if they don't think they have any issues with them.

Archived