Two for one!

RaeVynn

So, my husband and I have both read ISWF, and we've been doing mostly Paleo/Primal (ala Mark Sisson) for the better part of two months now, and we've come to the point where we are ready for the whole30.

We've cleaned all the (grass-fed, organic) dairy items out of our fridge, and I've clarified my butter. I've weaned myself off stevia in my tea (*sniff, sniff*). My husband is still a bit grumpy about giving up beer/booze, but he is okay with it for 30 days.

We are starting officially tomorrow, July 15th.

I'm a few days ahead of you. Today is day 5 for me. I, too, have been pretty much primal for a while, which made the Whole30 very easy for me so far. I expected to have lots of cravings, but so far none, nada, zip!! The hardest thing is missing cream in my coffee, but I heard about a coconut oil, cinnamon, tumeric mixture (emulsified, but not sure how its done except in a blender) that tastes great in coffee. I tried it, liked the flavor, but don't think I did it quite right since my coffee looked like a frog pond and the oil and cinnamon stuck to the sides! Here's hoping you and your husband can have an easy transition as well!

Thanks! :)

I generally have my buttered coffee... which my husband usually puts through the blender for me. I had it this morning with clarified butter, and that seemed to work just fine.

Okay, day 1 included an early run to the airport to send one of our progeny to Alaska. Bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Discussed some meal ideas while driving... picked up some pork chops. Yummy.

Realized that the ham in the fridge has sugar :( ... into the freezer it goes.

Tonight's "Meal two" will be salmon and greens. Yummy!

Its so nice to read your progress. Tomorrow is day 5 for me and I've had the same coffee struggles. Im gonna try the coconut oil/cinnamon /tumeric tomorrow. That sounds yummy! I have a little battery powered drink frother thing that I found at Ikea that works great at emulsifying the coconut oil into the coffee.

Archived