Japanese lunch - not feeling good

Whole Amy

I am on day 23 and have been feeling AWESOME!  I had a lunch today with a coworker that I could not get out of, I had to go on it.  I ordered what I thought were great choices - fish and veg clear broth soup and a tuna sashimi.  I came back and ate nuts since I know I did not get enough fat.  OMG, my  head is spinning, my stomach is gurguly and I ahve mad sugar cravings!  I am not sure what the soup had in it that could cause me to feel all shakey and messed up.  I cannot wait to go home and have my pastured pork, avodado and sauteed zucchini for dinner!

I am thinking there may have been some soy in there (although I asked)....I am curious what common side effects are from soy.

I don't know about the side effects of soy, but also wondering whether gluten, sugar and/or MSG could have been in the soup.

Could you call the restaurant and ask them, to try to narrow down what it is that caused such a reaction for you?

the sashimi was totally plain, I did not eat ginger, wasabi or dip it in any soy sauce obviously.....was not a great lunch to say the least, I was really trying to stay on plan.   So I agree there was something up with the soup.

Maybe MSG in the soup?

I do sashimi sometimes, but I don't eat anything else at the restauarant. I use to get this salad roll with crab cucumber and avocado, until I read most Japanese places use fake crab, which has gluten in it. :( I

Have you tried using coconut aminos instead of soy? It's not exctly the same but adds a nice extra flavor to the fish.

Archived