New to Whole30

XfitJenny

This will be my first attempt at Whole30.  Back in January I did a 6 week food/exercise challenge at my gym and got awesome results.  The problem though, is that after the 6 weeks was over, I wasn't able to maintain the diet plan.  I felt like I was starving!  

Any suggestions for Whole30? How to stay on track and most importantly, how to maintain my results after the end of the 30 days?  

Thanks everyone!

As far as maintaining post-Whole30, I recommend eating this way most of the time and only going off plan for something really worth it. Chips Ahoy cookies? Not worth it. A decadent creme brulee with fresh berries at a top-scale restaurant on my anniversary? Heck yes, that's worth it.

Just start with following the template for 30 days. This really does change your relationship with food. You might find at the end of 30 days that you genuinely want to continue eating healthy foods because they make your body feel good and then the whole question of maintaining results will be moot!

and if you find, after 30 days, that you are planning your "comeback" meal, readying yourself for more treats, or just ready to be done and go back to "normal" then extend your 30 days another week or two, maybe even three. it takes some a bit longer to solidify this big of a change in eating. then remember to do a great, honest introduction - this in and of itself will extend your whole30 another week or two depending on how slowly you do it.

good luck!!

• Moderators

You definitely WON'T be starving on the Whole30. Make sure you eat the amounts per meal listed on the Meal Template at each sitting. Many times I felt like it was too much food! You'll figure out when you have it right, because you'll be able to make it 4 hours to the next meal instead of feeling hungry.

You can do this! It's 30 days you definitely will NOT regret.

The best part (IMO) of the Whole30 is you don't have to count and measure.  There are general guidelines when you get started, but after a couple of weeks you won't need them.  If you eat the right KINDS of foods, you just eat them until you are full. Once you get the hang of it and know where to find the foods you should be eating, it's ver liberating. (I almost said it was a piece of cake and caught myself... haha)

Archived