Kid-Friendly Cookbook

kristananne

Is there a cookbook for kids anyone can recommend?  Of course, paleo-friendly is best, but even one that just encourages real, whole foods where we can make omissions or substitutions would be awesome.

I know we don't *need* a cookbook and I can just assign him little tasks in the kitchen, but he really likes looking at cookbooks.  Like most kids, when he helps cook, he's more likely to eat.  And when he's got a fun cookbook to look at, he's more likely to actually want to help cook.  

So, anyone know of a great cookbook that's geared towards kids with colorful photos for step-by-step instruction?  He's only a little guy (about to be 3) but I think as long as there are good pictures, he'll still be into it (I can read the steps to him).

my little guys are 6 now, but have always loved helping wash veggies or pour things i measure into bowls, and still but now they are starting to chop things...i 've been thinking of getting them Eat Like a Dinosaur, because i've heard great things about it.

I love the Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook by Sarah Fragoso. There are not any step by step photo instructions but the pictures are nice and I have found a lot of recipes that have worked well for our family. She even has a list of lunch box ideas. My 3 year old helps me and likes the pictures. I chop and measure then he dumps the stuff in:) On grocery day I also let my kids help pick out meals from it for the week. They like picking out stuff from my pinterest board too.

Kristananne, he is adorable! 

jmh, my kids love checking out my pinterest recipes and helping me pick things out to make from there, too. we alternate who goes to the big grocery store and who goes to the health food store with me, so one will pick out stuff from one store one week and the other the next and vice versa...both of them like some things, but there are things that one likes and the other dislikes. tonight, for example, both love nut encrusted cod fish, both like broccoli, but one loves beets, and he other refuses to eat them.

He is too cute! my kids love to help me in the kitchen.  Also weighing the veggies at the store is something they love! I usually don't need to weigh them, but the kids love to do it, so we make a game of guessing how much the veggies weigh and then seeing who is closest.  

Nomnompaleo.com has some great recipes and she really takes some great pics which may be fun for your little cutie to look at with you.  I don't really know of a cookbook, though.  

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/30267255011/a-week-of-paleo-school-lunches-part-1-of-5

I would encourage you to make sure your kiddos have a strong foundation in Good Food before bringing in Eat Like a Dinosaur. Many of the recipes are recreations of typical kid-foods and dessert like treats. While that's not necessarily a bad thing, if your kiddos are stuck in their chicken nugget and chocolate chip cookie ways, you may just be replacing one less-healthy habit with another.

Archived