I need your help - dining out suggestions

caitlin13

Hello all, I am dining out for the first time tomorrow night (since on my whole 30 journey) and wanted some advice from some fellow whole 30ers. I am currently on day 5 of my first whole 30 journey and I am loving it! Here is where I am eating out:

http://www.tentwentypost.com/menu/lunch-and-dinner

I was thinking of ordering the "simple fish" pan seared scallops with a side(s) of grilled asparagus, spinach saute, brussel sprouts and bacon (their bacon probably has sugar in it, but I am going to ask) or roasted root vegetables.

My other thoughts were to order the mussels (which I love), but I presume the sauces they are served in have sugar in them.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

I would ask about "pan seared" since it could be dusted with flour, etc. I personally always have fish steamed when out, with some steamed veggies, then I know they are compliant. you could also get a burger w/o the bun...

I know it's strange but I do bring my own mayo or "fish sauce" eating out - home made mayo, dill, lemon juice, and minced garlic. I am totally used to bringing it and pulling it out now, but I can see that it might be odd depending on who you are dining with! :)

I am a mussels fan too. I would just get them steamed with no sauce and get steamed asparagus for a side. You could get the house salad minus their dressing and goat cheese and either bring your own salad dressing or ask for a lemon wedge.

Other options would be the filet mignon or any of the fish options dry-grilled with only salt and pepper for seasonings.

Archived