I think I need a little help to begin :)

chagitb

Hello..

I am very new..just opened up this site a few minutes ago!

I have tried to do the Whole 30, but only lasted for a few days :(

I think I need some help.. I'm wondering if there is a way of committing food by writing it out and being (sorta) held accountable.  If I told someone who understood the diet maybe it would help me..

Would anyone be interested in such a thing?

Thanks so much!!

Hi!

There are plenty of support threads to join with people who have started around the same time as you, and you can start your own thread in "your whole 30 log" to track your own meals and feelings :)

Do you have a copy of the template and really understand what each of your three meals should consist of, along with knowing what is/isn't compliant? Having a really solid understanding definitely helps!

I found it easier if I wrote down everything I ate. Then if I was craving something bad or couldnt think of what to eat I could look back for quick refrence. Never let yourself go hungry, this is when you let yourself make bad choices. And always have food prepped. I downloaded a "food journal" as an app on my phone. This allowed me to track the food I ate, and when without seeing or tracking the amount of calories I was conssuming.

Write it down ahead of time. I plan my dinners out for the week and do a bunch of cooking on the weekend to have it handy during the week. Use the forums as a journal/log... Or keep your own. There are a ton of food logs, although most of them focus on tracking amounts, calories, etc. i just use a digital notebook to track my meals. But if you post them here and you run into trouble there are lots of people that can give you feed back.

But for sure read the book!

Archived