How long do dressings, mayo last?

Mzboop

Mayo should last as long as the eggs use by date.

Vinaigrette should last a long time - presuming its just oil and vinegar?

I guess I'll have to ask my farmers for dates.  Ours are unwashed, pastured eggs.  We keep them in the basement for up to a month.  I have been trying to use the mayo within a week which means that I don't make it often because I don't want to waste ingredients.  Longer is freedom!  Thanks, Amberino!

I guess I'll have to ask my farmers for dates. Ours are unwashed, pastured eggs. We keep them in the basement for up to a month. I have been trying to use the mayo within a week which means that I don't make it often because I don't want to waste ingredients. Longer is freedom! Thanks, Amberino!

Haha....we go through a batch of mayo in less than a week! Ive never worried about it going off. There is two of us, and we do use it on most meals though :P

My vinaigrettes go lumpy if I leave them in the fridge, even overnight. Thoughts on that, anyone? Should I just shake to loosen them up? So far I've been too grossed out and have just tossed the leftovers, heh.

Haha....we go through a batch of mayo in less than a week! Ive never worried about it going off. There is two of us, and we do use it on most meals though :P

I have been on cooked veggies only since March, so I haven't seen as many may opportunities.  I did make a creamy balsamic last night and put it on chicken and some roasted veggies and it was nice!

My vinaigrettes go lumpy if I leave them in the fridge, even overnight. Thoughts on that, anyone? Should I just shake to loosen them up? So far I've been too grossed out and have just tossed the leftovers, heh.

Like the Tessamae's, you can give it a quick bump in the microwave or warm it in warm water.  This is likely just the oil firming up.  Even taking it out 15 minutes before serving will probably work in the summer.

I have been on cooked veggies only since March, so I haven't seen as many may opportunities. I did make a creamy balsamic last night and put it on chicken and some roasted veggies and it was nice!

Like the Tessamae's, you can give it a quick bump in the microwave or warm it in warm water. This is likely just the oil firming up. Even taking it out 15 minutes before serving will probably work in the summer.

Mayo on cooked vegies rocks. I dip green beans and broccoli in it, roast Brussel sprouts, spoon it on sautéed cabbage, put it on roast sweet potato....see why we go through it so quick? Haha

I have heard that mayo is good for about a week. The reason pastured eggs stay good so long is because there is a protective coating on the egg when the hen lays it. Once that coating washes off, the egg is susceptible to bacteria. This is why grocery store eggs need to be refrigerated.

However, there are soooo many uses for mayo. Ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, on veggies, tarter sauce....I mean, seriously, can a batch last longer than a week! Coat chicken tenders in almond flour, bake, then serve with a mayo/Dijon mustard mixture....yummy!

Archived