Just starting today

mjs1957

Starting with the basics today while reading 'It Starts With Food' - got the basics from the website.   I have many auto-immune symptoms, arthritis, and also digestive issues due to IBS and previous colon surgery, and have been told I may have fibromyalgia, at the least.  Had back surgery 3 years ago and the pain only got worse insteaed of better - possible nerve root inflammation, but also more stenosis.  And I need to lose weight as well.  I am hoping this helps with the joint pain and swelling at a minimum, and increases my stamina when exercising.  I am able to cycle/bike outdoors and swim, but stamina is a problem - in part due to weight an being out of shape I know.   I have had a hard time digestively with high protein "diets", so I am hoping for the best with this, as there are carbs allowed in the form of fruits and vegetable - just have to choose combinations wisely.  There are many foods here that I like and can eat - just have to find the right combinations to keep me on track.  My morning coffee with Coffeemate and sugar will be a tough one to give up - but I will go with some plain and herbal teas to start.  Here goes!!  :unsure:

• Moderators

If you have problems with digestion when eating a lot of meat, you may benefit from taking digestive enzymes with meals. Many people lack the proper gut bacteria to digest food efficiently. Digestive enzymes help you overcome that in the short-term and can help repopulate your gut with what you need to digest on your own. You might want to read this article: http://whole9life.com/2012/09/digestive-enzymes-101/

You can drink coffee during a Whole30, you just can't add Coffeemate or sugar. Personally, I like drinking coffee black, but teas are a good choice if you don't. 

Archived