Horrible insomnia! Am I the only one?

EvB

I must be the only one suffering horrible insomnia on this program. I'm on Day 10 and sleep has been a waking nightmare since about Day 3. I'm awake all night with racing thoughts and barely able to sleep. I don't drink a lot of coffee - usually just 1/2 cup in the morning if that. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Magnesium?  That stuff works really well for me-helps me fall asleep quickly and I sleep soundly.  I do still wake up naturally in the middle of the night a few nights a week-around 3:00am for some reason.  School starts next week-might just decide to get up and get stuff done on those mornings!  Imagine all the planning and grading I could get done in the 3 hours before school starts in a quiet house! :D

Glenn,

You're not the only one!  I am having worsened insomnia, too.  Here's what I've decided to try, based on various sources of research:

• Magnesium (you also need Calcium, in a 2CA to 1Mg ratio).  Lactate or glycinate forms are the easiest to absorb.
  • Baked yam with ghee with my dinner.
  • Make sure I'm getting enough carbs.  We need 50-100 gm/day for weight loss and 100-150 gm/day for weight maintenance)
  • NO coconut products for dinner
  • Sleep in a cool, dark room with a fan/sound generator

I hope this helps!

Robin

Archived