Whole 30 with peanut/tree nut/sesame allergies?

hayleyj

There's no meal plan, but there is a meal template - just cook what you want to match the template. Can't link to it right now, I'm on my phone, but it's in the resources section of the site i think, along with a shopping list. Encrusting stuff in ground nuts is by no means obligatory ;)

Nomnom paleo is an app and website that is whole30 and has lots of recipes with cooking tips and lots of pictures.

Practical paleo is a book with recipes. It has suggested 30 day meal plans for different health issues. (I am using the thyroid health one as a starting place) Some of the recipes are not totally whole 30 so you would need to pick and choose also to avoid the nuts and nut flours. Although most you can replace with coconut flour instead.

Good luck!

Well Fed by Melissa Joulwan is a Whole30 compliant cookbook. Her website (that has recipes) is http://theclothesmakethegirl.com.

The Recipe Sharing section in the forum here has many options. As does moderator Tom Denham's website: http://wholelifeeating.com

Keep it simple. I let the template be my bible for all my meals. I cook things in advance and reheat (e.g., baked frittata, meatloaf, meatballs, chili or other crock pot meals). I also have sardines, canned salmon, tuna, and chicken, along with paleo mayo and veggies, available for quick meals.

I too have a nut allergy (although I can eat almonds, I rarely do), and I hardly ever run into paleo recipes where the nuts can't be simply left out or easily substituted with coconut or sunflower seed alternatives (not sure if either of those work for your son!). 95% of the time, you can the skip the nuts; the other 5% just skip the whole recipe. Good luck!

Archived