Need Help Saying Goodbye to SUGAR: It's Transformation Time

LindaLee

Amberino - Thanks for the ongoing advice and guidance!

I'm sure my chiro does receive a portion of the proceeds from the Max Living goods - however, I also think he and his wife truly believe in its benefits. They are good folks and good friends, and I don't think they would try to sell me something simply because it would make them an extra buck! :)

That being said, however, I agree with you that it's better for me to find a way to just eat more food. For the coming week, I'm planning lunches of beef and veggie (squash, peppers, mushrooms, kale) plus mashed cauliflower and fruit, and I'll add a sweet potato to my evening meal as well.

I'm not sure why the fritters would have too much fat for post-workout? I know sweet potato chews have been endorsed for PWO, and the ingredients are identical other than egg - the fritters do have egg added, but it's two eggs for the entire batch, so it's probably about 1/6 egg per fritter, if that. If it's the egg, then I'll probably use egg whites instead of whole eggs.

Here's to a great day!

You mentioned cooking the fritters in lots of coconut oil - I'm not sure what's in the mix, but you'd get some of the oil from cooking....I try and limit postWO fat completely!

I've made a postWO slice with chicken breast (minced), grated sweet potato and egg whites, all smushed together with herbs and spices then baked. I made a big tray, but you could make muffins...or just bake the potatoes and take some pieces in your bag along with your protein :)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds yummy...a post workout muffin sounds easy and appealing.

Meal1 for today:

Bacon and eggs (my weekend treat!), cherry tomatoes, sweet potato fritters, pickle relish, grapes

Supplements: first round of probiotics, digestive enzymes, Lurong Living essential

Getting ready to make the last batches of fritters, mashed cauliflower, and throw together some salads

Meal2, eaten later than my norm because I had to get all the preparations finished, LOL.

Salmon cakes from ISWF. I think these were the last ones I had in the freezer, so I think I'll have to make some more. They were delicious, as usual. I topped them with Paleo mayo and pickle relish. Yum!

Plus some carrots, a little pumpkin butter, and a green apple. 

Supplement: digestive enzyme

Things are tasting really intense right now, which I find very encouraging, since it's only been three days without processed sugar.

Onward and upward!

Thanks! I've learned from every one I've done even (or perhaps especially) the ones that I've started and not finished. Today really is Day One for me, since this is the day I decided to ditch the protein/maxgreen drinks. Though it's my third day without processed sugar and especially ice cream.  :)

Well, grill could mean cooking out on the barbecue, or cooking on the little George Foreman grill. :) Baking sounds a whole lot easier and quicker.

baking is quick and easy - I chop the chicken in to bite sized pieces, coat it in whatever spices i'm using then stick it in the oven on the trays. the small pieces cook quicker, and you get more flavour than if you were to just coat a whole big piece :)

Xandra, so proud of you! Keep it going, girl. 

I've been AWOL for the last few days because, I confess, I've been indulging a little bit in this last week before we start the Lurong Paleo Challenge. It's been good news and bad news...the bad news is that I have been having some sugar...the good news is that I have been able to control and moderate my intake much better than I ever have. 

Before, I would have bought a pint of ice cream and it would have been gone that night. I bought the pint of ice cream on Monday, after taking a dear friend to her second-to-the-last radiation treatment for breast cancer. I also bought some of those Annie's bunny cookies. And I was able to eat only one serving of each. THAT, for me, is a HUGE victory.

I'm trying to stay as Whole30 as possible over the next few days. 

This is a marathon, girls...not just 30 days, but to make it a lifestyle is HUGE. Keep it up!!!!

You are so right Linda - It is a long haul - all my life I've been looking for a solution -- I believe this time I will get the whole thing solved!  Always with you in support Linda - no matter what happens in the journey.  I hope you can check in and let me know what's going on!  One day at a time......

Still doing well today. Went to a networking meeting this morning and didn't realize they would be serving sit-down breakfast. I had planned to wait to eat until I got home, but fortunately I've ordered at this club before and knew to order the veggie & salmon omelet. The wins for me were drinking ice water instead of coffee, asking them to skip the toast, and I didn't touch the regular ketchup that comes for hash browns (I allow myself hash browns because they are not a trigger food for me).

Another small victory for me today. It was my son's birthday and he chose a restaurant that serves peanut butter silk pie. <== My knees get weak just typing that. So I talked myself through this all day. Would I eat something off plan? If so, what? Maybe have a coffee instead? Even black coffee sounds good to me right now.

In the end, I decided I like the progress I'm making more than the possibility of triggering another binge, so I was going to order compliant food and if there was some kind of treat that was on plan, I could have that. I was able to order grilled salmon with Cajun seasoning, broccoli, and spinach for dinner.

Then the boys ordered fruit cups with their dinner but left the melon pieces because they don't like those. So their leftover melon pieces were my treat. A lot of sugar, no doubt, but of the whole fruit variety.

And what did my son order as his birthday treat? Peanut butter silk pie. It smelled so good. :)

Ran two miles yesterday at Crossfit...huge accomplishment since Thursday after work I was at my chiropractor's literally whimpering in pain from my back. Must've tweaked it Monday on strict presses. So I was pleased to be able to run again.

Getting ready for a 5K Sunday - the Color Run - then we start Lurong Monday. Excited and scared - nine weeks!

I'm now 8 days coffee/sugar free. I still have a healthy fear of the stuff, so not yet in danger of falling off. Today's win was walking in to Starbucks to buy 2 protein boxes for my boys and nothing for myself. The cashier (who knows me on a first-name basis) was in shock.

Today I'm focusing on eating 3 meals spaced 4-5 hours apart, and no snacks. I've been eating some whole fruit, sometimes with nut butter, but I'm limiting that to mealtime now.  Also taking lots of supplements: fish oil, probiotics, multivitamin, calcium, Vitamins B and D, magnesium, biotin, cranberry extract, and lysine.

Good luck with the Lurong, Linda! Keep us posted with your progress!

Hi Linda and Xandra,

I added you two as friends since I read over this thread yesterday and so much of it resonates with me. I hope that is ok. :)

Anyway, I just started my second Whole 30 yesterday, so I'll be logging here to process this journey. I'd like to follow along with yours, too.

Be well today!

Welcome Simple!

Linda, I just looked up the rules for the LuRong challenge and they made me dizzy! I'm not a crossfitter, so no way I could handle this, but good on ye! Look forward to hearing more from you.

I was all over the place with eating today. My foods are all compliant, but getting the kids going in the morning, getting my workout in, and our busy evening routine make it tough to get all the meals timed properly. I can feel myself wanting to have a snack or a coffee. I have a weekend trip coming up that will be a real test of how I handle myself on the road.

Archived