Need Help Saying Goodbye to SUGAR: It's Transformation Time

LindaLee

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shoot, I keep forgetting to post that! I do, Amberino - right now, I'm having a protein/recovery drink that's part of that first round of supplements.

I'm planning a switch of my supplements on October 16th. Right now, I'm using the Maximized Living supplements and MaxGreen and Protein drinks recommended by my chiropractor, plus I take curamin and Lurong Living Essential.

Starting on the 16th, I'm going much more "pure" and basic - still the Lurong and curamin, but digestive enzymes and probiotics, and Stronger Faster Healthier fish oil with D3. No multivitamins or other stuff. SFH does have a nice post-WOD protein drink that I'm going to use during that time, but otherwise, I'm going to be Whole30 compliant.

I have one more set to try after that 30 days - it's some supplements I won in a raffle at my gym (LOL). I'll keep the rest of my food strict Paleo but try their supplements and pre/post workout drinks (the Lurong will be over by then).

Then I'm going to compare results, but frankly, I think the "pure and basic" will probably be best, only with protein and starchy carb post-WOD with the protein drink only as a backup - and the only protein drink will be the SFH one, which is grassfed whey protein.

My biggest problem today was sleep. For some reason, I could not get to sleep last night. Maybe because of my poor husband's headache. Threw our whole evening off. 

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me, Amberino!

I am just so impressed with what you are doing Linda - at my age and in my physical state - I could never - but I can move now without immense pain and I do believe a lot of it has to do with dropping wheat/grains/sugar.......I'm not due for a work up until January, but I would love to see some of my numbers.......congrats on where you are at..........you are amazing.  Proverbs 31

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, everyone! Sorry I've been AWOL for so long...this Lurong Challenge has kept me hopping. I'm still clean after 29 days on the challenge...very happy about that. They allow a few things that are not allowed on a Whole30, but I've tried to limit and keep as close to a Whole30 as possible.

I haven't been feeling very well the last few days...don't know if I've got a cold or a very mild case of the flu or what, but...no fever or anything, just headachy, fatigued, and kind of congested. 

I also am in Phase 2 of my supplement experimentation. I'm no longer taking the Maximized Living supplements. I'm experiencing less inflammation already - though I'm not sure if that's because I'm not taking those supplements (the drinks in particular) or because the weather has cooled off at last. My supplements now are much simpler:

Morning: Digestive enzymes, Lurong Living Essential, Curamin

Lunch: Digestive enzymes, curamin

Dinner: Digestive enzymes, probiotics, curamin

Bedtime: Lurong Living Essential, StrongerFasterHealthier Fish oil with Vitamin D, Natural Calm Magnesium

Today I had...

Meal 1: Ground venison and veggies (squash, cabbage, mushrooms, kale), carrots and olives

I have been much hungrier mid-morning without the Max Greens...so I had some almonds

Meal 2: Mustard glazed chicken thighs, cabbage/pepper/sweet potatoes sauteed in olive oil, salad (cucumbers and tomotoes with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and a sprinkle of olives), apple slices

Mid-afternoon: egg and Warrior mix

Workout:

Warmup: Stations - GHD situps, lunges, strict (banded) pullups, planks, pushups, rowing. PVC warmup and practice.

WOD: Lurong WOD #6

100 single unders

5 rounds of 10 power cleans @55#, 10 hand release knee pushups

My time: 6:28

First time I'd used 55# for power cleans in a WOD! I was pretty happy about that.

Stayed at the box and did three more front planks, 2 side planks, and 50 abmat situps

Post workout: SFH protein drink

One more challenge WOD, then we repeat the Benchmark WODs we did at the beginning. We're halfway through!

Dinner: I really wanted bacon and eggs but my husband had eaten the last of my thawed Whole30 bacon! Boo! LOL. So I had:

Squash soup (from Paleo OMG - really good!), sweet potato fritters, and some delicious grapes!

Hope you all are doing well! Let me hear from you!

26 days to go!!!

Todays' inspiration:

Isaiah 11:1-2: "A shoot will come out of the stock of Jesse, and a branch out of his roots will bear fruit. The LORD's Spirit will rest on him: the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD."

Hi Linda,

My name is Sara. :) I got out of the habit of posting when the forums weren't working when Whole 9 was changing servers. I just finished my Whole 30 yesterday and feel so pleased that I made it through, doing what I intended to do. Now I am trying out some reintroductions. Dairy is the first one.

Sounds like you are doing well! You've made it past halfway! You are getting stronger in your WOD's. Pretty cool! I need to get back to doing weights or maybe try out Cross Fit (eek!) or something along those lines that is a little easier. 

Stay strong!

Sara

Hi, everyone! It's Sunday...we've started counting DOWN instead of up, LOL! 21 days left and I'm starting to dream of what I'm going to eat the day after. My prayer is to have one or two indulgent days, then get back on the Paleo lifestyle to stay, with a few indulgences here and there for the holidays. 

How is everyone else?

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to tell you I'm finished DAY 40 of our Lurong Challenge, and I haven't had a single cheat! Woohoo!

And I've been PRing my WODs and lifts - 70 pound squat clean, cut two minutes off my "Grace" time since August - it's been a great couple of weeks. I'm not seeing that many changes to my body - though I did zip into my size 6 jeans this morning without trouble - but there's no doubt I'm getting stronger.

At any rate, just wanted to pop in and say hello and see how everyone is doing...

Hi Linda, congrats on the 40 days!! That is really inspiring.

I've been eating and drinking a little too much of the wrong stuff again. One instance of a serious binge when I ordered and ate a huge cupcake last week. I don't know why, because I can??

So back to healthier eating this week. Kicking the coffee and sugar and alcohol for a while, too.

Exercise has been good, I just need to fuel better.  I'm 3 lbs up from where I want to be. I can lose that this week.

LOL, I hear you Xandra..."because I can." I'm sort of looking forward to that time myself.

Today was day 49. We have 6 days left in the Lurong Living Paleo Challenge. So far I have:

- Not cheated once in the entire challenge

- Hit multiple PRs, including my deadlift, jerk, and power clean in a WOD

- Showed improvement in two of the three Benchmark WODs

- Lost FOURTEEN INCHES - 3 on each thigh and nearly 4 on my hips alone. Astounding!

I'm indulging a tiny bit tonight - bacon, eggs, sweet potato fritters and a banana, which I haven't had for a while - but then I'm hunkering down for the home stretch. Sunday is the last day of the Challenge, then I'm really really hoping to just have a couple of treats and get back on track.

Wow, Linda, those stats are amazing! Did you expect it to go so well? I'm so impressed you didn't cheat. Way to go!

I'm doing well. Eating almost fully W30 with no fruit or nuts, but I had a small amount of salad dressing that I'm sure was not good, and I don't bother to ask what oil something was cooked in. But no coffee, sugar, or alcohol for a few days now. I'm debating a slice of cake at my daughter's tea party tomorrow. I might do it. I know I'm going to offroad for Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas, too. But I'm going to try and plan exactly when it will start and when it will end. The slippery slopes get me every time.

Xandra, that's what I'm trying to avoid too...that treat that becomes a cheat day that becomes a cheat week and a cheat month. I don't want to lose all that I've gained (lost) in this Challenge...it feels too good!

Thanksgiving yes, and Christmas, without a doubt...

I did the one piece of cake, actually the entire tea party because the food is so good there -- but then stopped. The sugar slam from the cake started making me nauseous.

We went to the movies later and I had nothing. I came home and made a small meal to get back on track.

I could feel the sugar pull yesterday as my daughter organized a tea party at home to finish off her cake, but I didn't eat any. Later, I did start to eat half a banana because I have a few that will go bad soon, but it was so sweet I tossed it after 3 bites.

So overall I think the off road went well. I'm glad I did it and I'm somewhat relieved that it's over.

I've had some Paleo baked goods today and not a lot else. We did go to breakfast together this morning after the 8 a.m. WOD. I had an omelet with bacon, sausage and ham plus part of my coach's waffle (it was extraordinarily delicious). I wasn't even able to finish the whole omelette! Other than that, I've been baking/cooking most of the day and nibbling along the way. I don't want to go too nuts and a) make myself sick or B) get back on that train and not be able to get off. I did my usual cook up for the rest of the week, made some Paleo pumpkin chocolate bars and apple cider donuts. Tomorrow I'm planning to have some Paleo waffles, then Wednesday it's back to as strict Paleo until Thanksgiving.

I've had some Paleo baked goods today and not a lot else. We did go to breakfast together this morning after the 8 a.m. WOD. I had an omelet with bacon, sausage and ham plus part of my coach's waffle (it was extraordinarily delicious). I wasn't even able to finish the whole omelette! Other than that, I've been baking/cooking most of the day and nibbling along the way. I don't want to go too nuts and a) make myself sick or B) get back on that train and not be able to get off. I did my usual cook up for the rest of the week, made some Paleo pumpkin chocolate bars and apple cider donuts. Tomorrow I'm planning to have some Paleo waffles, then Wednesday it's back to as strict Paleo until Thanksgiving.

Gosh - what a fun challenge that sounds like.  I don't do any of the WOD world stuff and an online forum would be nice to give me the structure.  Shucks that I missed it!  Double shucks that there doesn't seem to be anything lined up the beginning of January.  Your posts are inspirational and get me missing and remembering when I was feeling strong and athletic last year.  Congratulations to you!  (And now I'm planning on googling apple cider donuts!  :) )

Archived