Any other 23andMe members?

Chris74

If so, has it shed any light on your current health situation?

I was just discussing yesterday Apo-E types WRT exercise types and also the possible dangers of being  Îµ4/ε4

and supplementing with Fish Oil.

Anyway, interested to see any others comments

Some tasty background: (i am e2/e3) - e4 COULD be a major marker for the eventual onset of Alzheimers.

ApoE is polymorphic,[7][8] with three major isoformsApoE2 (cys112, cys158), ApoE3 (cys112, arg158), and ApoE4 (arg112, arg158).[9] Although these allelic forms differ from each other by only one or two amino acids at positions 112 and 158,[10][11][12] these differences alter apoE structure and function. These have physiological consequences:

Chris, I am intrigued by 23andme and am gonna do it. The Alzheimer's markers are of primary concern for me particularly as my mom is now in her 60s, since it seems to run in my family. Can you share what information have you come across regarding dangers of supplementing with fish oil? I'd really like to take a look.

Chris, I am intrigued by 23andme and am gonna do it. The Alzheimer's markers are of primary concern for me particularly as my mom is now in her 60s, since it seems to run in my family. Can you share what information have you come across regarding dangers of supplementing with fish oil? I'd really like to take a look.

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://www.noaw.com/In%20Office%20Labs/O3" href="http://www.noaw.com/In%20Office%20Labs/O3" s0002.pdf"="">www.noaw.com/In%20Office%20Labs/O3's0002.pdf - copy and paste this link, the hook for it doesn't work

there's A LOT of info to look at and consider

I eat fish, not so much supplementing fish oil (not counting FCLO).  Better to keep the o6:o3 ratio close via diet than throwing tons of fish oil caps at it.

I am a 23andMe member. There are links between what I learned and what I'm currently experiencing in my health. I'll admit I haven't done enough deep investigative work so there's probably a lot more to be learned.

I do not have the APOE4 variant. I do, however, have a rather scary risk percentage for venous thromboembolism.

Archived