IBS -- warning contains graphic language

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Suzy

Sorry I haven't been here to answer this for two days -- I apologize.

No -- I thought I'd start just with the regular Whole 30 first and see where that gets me. And I am doing surprisingly well -- not perfect but the best in years.

For full disclosure, I do need to say that a practitioner suggested a few supplements too, so I think it's actually the combination of the two.

Basically I am taking HCL, probiotics, digestive enzymes -- I can give you the whole list if you are actually interested. I would give you the practitoner's name if you want too, although she is a GAPS person and not Whole30. I am doing her suppliments but following whole30 since a doctor suggested Whole 30 for my daughter, which is what actually got me to finally do something. 

Hi Suzy, I've been following a low FODMAP protocol and it has helped tremendously. Ironically I can eat califlower, but not broccoli or other FODMAPS. Even avacado bothers me. So you have to eliminate all and then try adding back in. And there is some evidence that if you are able to heal your gut, you may be able to eat FODMAPS eventually. I can take awhile though.

HCL, pro and prebiotics and enzymes are great. You never appreciate your perfect poops until they stop being perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Update -- day 27 and they are just getting better and better. Almost like ideal !!! I haven't seen this in YEARS.

I've done Low carb diets and have been to practitioners and done "healthy" diets with very limited grains (quinoa, millet) and another one that included rice and even Specific Carbohydrate Diet which is for digestive suffferers and NEVER had this good results !!!

What is the magic? I can't even figure it out.......

• 3 weeks later...

Do you want to know what to avoid?

I find my biggest triggers are Onions, garlic (a small amount is ok) broccoli, cabbage, apples, cherries, grapes.  Lettuce greens also bother me even though they are not on the FODMAP avoid list.

Since I've eliminated FODMAPS, I've also eliminated my IBS symptoms. It's been a godsend. I wish I had known this years ago.

Archived