Recipe FAIL: what now?

sheba-kitty

I made these egg muffins from practical paleo. They are basically mini egg quiches with apple, walnuts... And a little almond flour to hold them together. After making a dozen (1 batch) I have discovered that they are not tasty... They want to be a muffin replacement and in that vein they are totally SWYPO. I have made better mini quiches without the flour.

So what now... I don't really want to eat them but I also can't really feel good about tossing them. I am going broke buying organic and this had 9 wonderful organic eggs in it.

Sigh.

I think I know the ones you are talking about - but I'm pretty sure the recipe calls for coconut flour. Anyway - yeah they are kind of borderline SWYPO for me.  Not sweet enough really for a muffin, but, they kind of remind me of one.  Not to sure where you are on your whole 30 but I would put them in the freezer until after your whole 30.  You might enjoy them then. (Remember taste buds will change)  I am post 30, and I recently just made them.  So I save them for pre-work out or an emergency food supply. 

I made those. I've made them with both almond flour & coconut flour depending what i had in the cupboard at the time. The first time i made them i actually quite liked them, but every subsequent time they've felt a little more disappointing! This time around - and yes, i know i shouldn't have made them really cos i was doing a Whole30, and they're not in the spirit & all that - they honestly just made my sugar dragon really p*ssed off, like "What, you call this a cake?! It's not even sweet!!" though i still felt very like i'd actually had cake afterwards, dry furry mouth & suchlike. I made 12, ate 9 over two days & tossed the last ones in the bin today. But they'd probably freeze ok like Carlaccini said, for post-whole30 emergencies!

Archived