Snow's First Whole 30

Snow

Yay! Good for you, you deserve it. I just went to Ulta and picked up some organic, natural makeup to pamper myself. I will probably be going back for a pick me up when I start getting sick of eating this way! ha!

Also, that's crazy that your sugar cravings are gone. I know I'm only on day 4, but in the back of my mind I feel like they will never go away!

Thanks Becky, yeah sugar cravings have really diminished...did fancy a glass of red tonight though while my husband is having his pear magners!

Day 17:

Breakfast:

3 eggs scrambled, fried mushrooms

Lunch:

Was at soft play with my little boys and there was nothing I could eat there so just had an apple and some almonds from my bag.

Dinner:

Chicken leg, sweet potato, leeks, carrots, broccoli, fig, 2 pineapple rings.

Day 18:

Breakfast:

3 eggs scrambled with half avocado and olives

Lunch:

I went to Camden today with my friend who is raw food vegan so she suggested going to a vegan place called inspiral... It's was amazing! Nearly everything I'd dairy, gluten, soya and sugar free. I had a raw butternut squash courgette and mint salad and some coconut aubergine salad... So good even without any meat! Also had a coffee and an orange.

Dinner:

Chicken, salad, almonds, apple

Happy :)

Day 19

Breakfast:

Half an avocado, black olives, 3 eggs scrambled

Lunch:

Smoked mackerel. Sauerkraut, pickles, olives, plum, apple

Dinner:

Roast beef,mashed swede and carrot, runner beans, broccoli, blueberries.

Went to the village fete today and there was nothing suitable for lunch there, ended up staying there longer than we planned as my dad insisted we waited Around while he entered his dog Molly into the dog show for the prettiest bitch! Needless to say she didn't win and the heavins decided to open do we all left hungry and wet!

Had to rush to tescos and grab the best I could!

Looking forward to a more planned day tomorrow.

Day 20

Yeah 2/3 of the way through!

Been struggling a bit today, I felt a bit icky all weekend and I don't know if it has been a bug or is through not eating enough/not eating enough carbs. Anyway I've devoured my food today and after a 4.30am start for work I have had a late Afternoon nap on the sofa and an feeling much better. When I wAs feeling tired and groggy on my two hour commute home it was sooo tempting to look for a sugar boost but I didn't! I have ate a bit too much fruit today as a result but hey it's better than a chocolate bar yeah?

Breakfast:

3 eggs scrambled, apple

Lunch:

Mackerel, salad, olives, 2 nectarines

Dinner:

Roast beef, sweet potato, salad, pickles, pineapple rings

Day 21

Breakfast:

3 eggs scrambled, apple, nuts

Lunch:

Tuna olive salad, grapes, nuts

Dinner:

Bacon, eggs, mushrooms, courgettes, apple, grapes

Way too much fruit and nuts today really struggling! Hopefully I can improve on this tomorrow!

Your "struggling" may be due to not eating enough - your meals don't sound particularly big, and quite a few days there's at least one meal that doesn't fit the template! You need to make sure there's about 2-3 cups of vegies per meal, plus your protein and fat. A serve of eggs should be as many as you can hold.

You also mention working out, but no pre or post workout meals - are you eating these? They are so important! You need the extra food to help your body refuel and recover from your training. PreWO should be fat/protein, and postWO should be a meal sized portion of lean protein with starchy vegie carbs (sweet potato, pumpkin, beetroot, carrots etc)

Yeah your right amberino definately not eating enough! I just get a bit carried away with 'dieting' I stead of healthy eating. I was doing a lot better with breakfasts in the beginning but am struggling for time, on the days I work I get up at 4.30 to do a two hour commute and generally just eat what's quick! I leave work at the end of next month for a career break and will have more time to prepare good so that will help. Also pre /post work out I generally eat breakfast before and lunch straight after buy have been know to work out on On a. Empty tummy which I know is not good! X

Day 22

Breakfast:

Shopping day today so had no food and no time to eat.. Boo!

Lunch:

My mum took me out for luch and I was worried I wouldn't be able to eat anything but I had the most gorgeous salmon salad which they made dairy and gluten free!

Dinner:

Stir fried courgettes, red onion, pepper, mushroom and tomatoes topped with sliced pork and two fried egg and sprinkled with chilli salt. Plum and a peach.

Should have ate more today really but been non stop. Going to try and have three hearty meals tomorrow but will be a struggle as I have body pump in the morning, physio for my sons at midday and nurse at 5.30.... Why are appointments always at mealtimes?!

I have already sorted dinner for tomorrow so just need to work out what lunch I can eat on the go!

Day 23

Breakfast:

Mushrooms stir fried in olive oil, plum tomatoes and 2 eggs

Lunch:

10 pecans, apple and a donut peach after workout

Pork salad with olives

Dinner:

Homemade vegetable broth, pickles, rollmops and raspberries

Busy day today but feeling good! Have upped my weights in body pump today so I'm definately getting stronger.

I can't believe I have gone 23 days without ANY sugar, wheat, dairy, alcohol etc!

Day 25

Breakfast:

Late brunch of avocado and olive salad, baked fig and apple

Dinner:

Morrican lamb with courgettes, auberinge, peppers, onions, tomatoes, then berries and banana

Dinner tonight was really delicious!

I have noticed over the past week my fruit consumption has increased and with this I have been feeling a bit bloated so as of tomorrow I'm going to scale back on the fruit to maybe one piece a day.

Starting to think about re introductions now. I think I can cope with wheat forever I really don't miss it! I would like to be able to have a bit of sugar ( the odd. Homemade gluten free brownie!)

And in an ideal world I would like to be able to eat cheese and milk chocolate again. I know that I am intolerant to either dairy or wheat as my ibs has pretty my much disappeared since going on whole 30 but not sure which I am intolerant to. My kids are dairy and soya intolerant so maybe I am too?

Day 28

Breakfast

3 eggs scrambled, bacon, pile of tomatoes

Lunch:

Apple, nakd bar, pecans

Dinner

Mince, sweet potato, raspberries

Really busy day so only had a good breakfast but couldn't have veg at lunch and dinner due to work

Day 28

Breakfast

3 eggs scrambled, bacon, pile of tomatoes

Lunch:

Apple, nakd bar, pecans

Dinner

Mince, sweet potato, raspberries

Really busy day so only had a good breakfast but couldn't have veg at lunch and dinner due to work

Day 29

Went gym this morning then had

Breakfast:

Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon

Lunch:

Apple with almond butter and grapes

Dinner:

Beef mince, sweet potatoes, cabbage carrots

Finding it hard to find time for cooking at mo but doing the best I can.

Day 30

Breakfast:

2 fried eggs with mushrooms

Lunch:

Tuna and olive salad, nectarine

Dinner:

Tuna sweet potato and coconut fish cakes on stir fried veg, raspberries

Body pump today.

Well I did it !!! My 30 days are over! I'm considering what reintroductions to do now, I think I will reintroduce white potatoes, rice/rice flour and probably sugar if I was to bake. I am more than happy to continue being gluten free and dairy free for now though. I don't even miss my red wine or dark chocolate!

Had a sneaky step on the scales this morning and have lost 9lbs! I'm now done to 138lbs which at 5ft 7 in us about right.

I have said Goodbye to binge eating and goodbye

To sugar cravings and hello to weight loss, clear skin , flat tummy and bags of energy!

Hope everyone else succeeds with their whole 30 xx

Archived