Starting Saturday, August 24

KaySea

This is technically my 1st Whole30. I read ISWF this time and realized my January attempt was not truly a Whole30, which would explain the mediocre result. I am fully committed to doing this right, and really need to make a change! As I read the book, I recognized so many of my own symptoms and frustrations. I wanted to ask those of you with experience on what you stock up on in preparation. For instance, do you find making a batch of broth and freezing it is good to have handy? Also, I run and do strength training 3x/week and practice yoga 4x/week. Usually mid-day or late afternoons. I want to experiment with the pre/post workout meal. Suggestions? Thank you!!!

I pre make a whole lot of meals (protein based) and freeze in portions - all I do is get one out in the morning, then reheat in the evening as I cook fresh vegies. I hate cooking vegies twice, so I wont prep those in advance. sometimes we have those for lunch too.

I also make HB eggs, bake trays of cubed chicken breast to have with salads or in omelettes, make mayo.  I also bake lots of sweet potato and pumpkin. Sometimes I make frittata if I need breakfast on the run.

in terms of "experimenting" with pre/postWO - i'm not sure what you  mean by experimenting, don't miss them out though!

I usually have 2HB eggs for preWO, or chicken with mayo. Post workout is some of the chicken breast and sweet potato, or just chicken.

That helps a lot. For years I've been having apples or coconut water before I work out. Since reading the book, I now realize that's not the way to go. Still, I'm not sure what will "feel" heavy, especially before yoga. I'll try the HB eggs to start. Thanks!!

I am so glad someone mentioned the timeline on this forum! I thought my diet was generally healthy, but I knowing I was going to do a Whole 30, the gloves were off during my vacation the week before. I had a wicked headache the first four days. Clearly I haven't been nourishing myself properly, but I didn't think my body (and brain) would react so intensely. The timeline gave me a good laugh and made me feel better! Not looking forward to the impending "my pants are too tight." :)

I also started on the 24th. Today is day seven, yay us!

I'm pretty darn tired today. And hungry. It's a little weird. I've been really good about not snacking, but today I found that i really needed a mid-day mini-meal. I had some cashews and baked yams. But it's shocking how sleepy I feel today.

So far I don't feel as if I've lost any weight and my arthritis is still pretty bad, but I'm hopeful that both will improve. I'm following the rules pretty religiously and am feeling confident that I can finish the Whole30.

Hope you're doing well also.

Archived